Anyone taking Zyprexa or olanzapine?

[Li...]

I posted about this some months ago and didn't get a very good response. I have tried a few different medications a couple years ago and all of them I reacted badly to. Olanzapine is something I have been able to use in a dosage of 2.5 mg to help me get some rest and it helps the panic and fear at night. Just wondering if anyone has been taking it or has been able to wean off successfully. I'm 23 months out tomorrow and really suffering with terrible fear. My chemical anxiety left me at 13 months out. But it's been replaced with the fear and it's been pretty unbearable. I believe this medication could help me but I'm scared to take it. I have been using it here and there over the last 23 months with success. But I'm considering taking it every night to see if it will help with this intense, fear that I get during the day. I still have no quality of life. I'm unable to work or do very much without pushing myself. It's becoming very difficult to live. Thanks in advance. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hey live, imo from personal experiênce olanzapine leaded me to severe suffering.fear being one of the major symptoms . Severe cognitive issues. I fully recovered.  it was before benzo, due to Haldol and olanzapine terríble experience.  Many reports aswell of people suffering due to olanzapine . Imo you should try an imunosuppressant. Other options are low doses of valproic acid or low doses of pregabalin. Note that both have side effects, create dependence and have withdrawals themselves. Valproic acid takes a week or so to work and i believe even doses of 25 mg  2 times a day could work, valproic acid may lead you tô gain Weight. The imunosuppressant (rapamycin) is being of Help here with mental symptoms, I myself believe that the storm of inflamatóry citokines contributes on people experiencing Very severe symptoms.  sadly its note easy tô bem prescribed Off label to something that does not exist.

I myself If could get back in time would concider the low doses of valproic acid prior to pregabalin. Imo avoid olanapine, and Just Go with other psych drugs as last resort like i did. They wont stop you from healing but they Will be another drug to recover.pregabalin only worked for me with 450 mg, with time i Dropped to 300 from there i couldnt taper properly.  Again imo apart from rapamycin, if unberable or low doses of valproic acid 50 to 125 mg it may Help with chemical fear but It takes a week or so, It hás other bennefits but its another drug so side effects and withdrawals..  or pregabalin If possíble a máximum of 75 mg... you Will heal anyway with ir without other psych drug. Stay strong

Deinzthekid,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have tried a number of drugs that were supposed to be safe including Gabapentin. I had such a bad experience with amitriptyline it threw me back into withdrawal when I had been recovering nicely 3 months out. Before that I had used olanzapine here and there, with no issues. I am a slow methylater and can only use very few drugs and for some reason the olanzapine agrees with me. It does concern me because I know it would be a drug I'd have to taper off of. But I really have no quality of life right now I'm suffering so badly every single day and night. So, I am considering it. I'm afraid to try yet another drug for an adverse reaction right now. Again thank you so much for your reply. Hugs!

LiveLife

I Will research about rapamycin and methylation later and see what i Find out.  I do Very bad on antidepressants im sensitized too.. in fact i do react badly to most psych drugs and i never wanted tô be on them. Valproic acid is an hdac inhibitor and has antiinflamatóry properties i think that even some sporadic doses may being a change in fear and hyperecxitbility due How It acts on gene expression . Pregabalin is better absorbed than gabapetin .. i myself guess you are better on low doses of valproic acid than pregabalin... And you are better on low doses of both than on olanzapine.. olanzapine gabaergic properties imo are worst than both former ones beside other systems Impacted. Take in count If a drug is being able tô Control what had no Control prior you are going in the right way. Imo do yourself a favor and pls forget olanzapine, the weaker antipsychotic in aware of is sulpiride but antipsychotics are Very bad drugs antidepressants and antipsychotics are diffrent from vpa and  The rapa aproach is being Very helpfull for me mentally... I think It would for others with Very bad symptoms, i was struggling a Lot prior to it  Sorry for repeating. Take Care and stay strong..

Deinzthekid,

Thank you I do really appreciate your consideration towards me. I really am suffering and struggling more than you can know. Hugs!

LiveLife

Deinzthekid,

Thank you so much, for your input and concern. I decided I'm not going to take olanzapine at all anymore even if I go a whole night or a number of nights without sleep I'm not going to sweat it. Hugs!

LiveLife