Accidentally sent into a CT withdrawal, left meds at home

[Sa...]

So basically I left my xanax at home and had to drive back 7 hours and cancel a trip and suffered bad withdrawals. My husband and I were due to drive 12 hours north for a trip, and when we got 7 hours through, I realized I forgot my entire suitcase. I thought he packed it and also forgot it myself. Of course my Xanax was in the suitcase. At that point it had already been 21 hours since my last dose. I was hurting bad and about to take another one but was just waiting to get into my suitcase in the trunk. Entire trip ruined. Had to drive back 7 hours all through the night into the morning suffering so so badly. I don’t know how I made it. Maybe it’s in my head or something because it wasn’t “that long.” But I’m telling you guys, with these tall trees on the side of the road and winding curves my nausea and the flashing of the lights from the trees made me feel like I was in total absolute hell.

Of course I needed all my other things in my suitcase too, so it wasn’t JUST for the Xanax that we had to turn around. But it was a reason we had to turn around immediately. I’m so angry at that drug. If anything I guess it shows if I absolutely have to I CAN go CT. But I won’t. My Dr doesn’t think I’m at seizure risk.

I don't think it shows you can go CT at all. The full joys of CT don't really start to kick in until more than 21 hours without a dose. I wouldn't be entertaining the idea if I was you

SailorPromise, what a mess you were in - I am so sorry.  I traveled while I was taking Klonopin but I was always panicky that I would forget it or lose it while I was away.  Even if you aren't at seizure risk (and that is a 'best' guess), you certainly could be in for a very rocky ride if you don't taper off.

Are you tapering now? Or considering a CT?

I ended up getting home and now am back to 1mg of the XR but when I get back from my graduation in Florida and a trip to Jamaica then I’m tapering right after that.

I don't think it shows you can go CT at all. The full joys of CT don't really start to kick in until more than 21 hours without a dose. I wouldn't be entertaining the idea if I was you

Things definitely did not feel good. By the time I got home I was almost 30 hours with nothing in me and it was really awful.

SailorPromise, what a mess you were in - I am so sorry.  I traveled while I was taking Klonopin but I was always panicky that I would forget it or lose it while I was away.  Even if you aren't at seizure risk (and that is a 'best' guess), you certainly could be in for a very rocky ride if you don't taper off.

Definitely. I plan to taper now that I’m back home. That was extremely difficult.

Definitely. I plan to taper now that I’m back home. That was extremely difficult.

I am relieved to hear that.    :thumbsup:

The forgotten pill bottle before a trip. Reason 6000 to get off benzos

Abso-freakin-lutely!

This was a really important business trip too. Screw the evil benzos.

Glad you are gonna taper. If 30 hours was bad..... imagine a CT after 2 weeks.......it does not get better after a few days, it usually gets worse! So yeah, glad you will be tapering! Best wishes with it! There is some excellent support here on the withdrawal support threads (for tapering).

• 1 month later...