Author Topic: Scared of anesthesia - BZ free for 35 days  (Read 268 times)

[Buddie]

Scared of anesthesia - BZ free for 35 days
« on: April 22, 2022, 06:20:27 am »
I'm BZ free 35 days after 4 years 11 months of tapering hell and 3x I've gone through WDs. What do you do if you need surgery? I can't do this torture again. I really cannot.

I've been prescribed every kind of BZ except Valium then yanked off. I went cold turkey on Xanax and almost blew my brains out. Only time I've ever come close in my life. They told me the WDs we're mental illness and i believed. They called it an "episode." Ignorant jerks ) Then I went cold turkey on Clonazepam due to doctor's advice and I should have been hospitalized. Now I just stepped off a Clonazepam taper. This is 3x.

What do you do if you need surgery??? Help. I can't do this again.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Scared of anesthesia - BZ free for 35 days
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 09:57:51 am »
Congrats [...] on being benzo free, well done!  The topic of anesthesia somes up here quite often and from what I've seen, many of the members do okay with it.  Are you facing a surgery at present? 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.