Clonazepam withdrawal followed by lyrica withdrawal

[Ni...]

I am currently in day 10 of withdrawal from lyrica. I was at 150 mg x2 per day. Told to go off suddenly and had severe wIthdrawal. Now doing a slow taper. April 9 reduced morning does by 25 mg. Did this for 5 days. April 14 reduced evening dose by 25 mg. So have held at this for 6 mights. I am a chronic insomniac, however, this withdrawal has been severe for insomnia accompanied by night terrors. It has decreased but not gone.

So my question would be:

Could I withdraw 25 mg tomorrow morning or is it too soon? Not sure how to know.

FYI I mentioned the Clonazepam withdrawal as I have already received advice from here that the lyrica withdrawal is definitely tied to the clon withdrawal.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Just a short modification: I have been advised that my withdrawal is actually clonazepam. The lyrica has been masking my withdrawal symptoms. Now I am actually withdrawing from these 2 drugs simultaneously and it wasn’t planned.

I thought we might have a support group thread you could check out but there are only a few posts from 2015, hopefully someone will stop by with a suggestion for you. 

I just did a search on the other medications board where I've moved your post and there were quite a few, not sure if they'll be helpful for you though.  :-\

Hi Pamster,

I can try where you have put me. I was in Withdrawal Support because another admin has indicated that this withdrawal is really clonazepam withdrawal that was masked by the lyrica.

Yes, I’m still on Lyrica. I came off Clonazepam in mid February. Now I am coming off Lyrica. It’s a challenge.

i tapered from 900mg/day of lyrica to 50mg/day of the drug before i ran into major problems compromising stability. i had previously tapered ambien 15mg/day to 0mg/day and am currently tapering clonazepam from 4mg/day currently at 2.25mg/day.

it's going to sound odd but i found that tapering lyrica was excruciatingly horrific. it was far, far worse than tapering a z-drug or clonazepam thus far and i tapered lyrica very slowly.

i know that's contrary to what many others experience, but i just thought i'd share my experience. also worth noting is that i haven't successfully tapered multiple medications at once. i initially tried to taper lyrica and ambien and it was too much, so i eliminated ambien rather easily, followed by the drastic and very much painful decrease in lyrica, and now onto klonopin.

you can do it!