Slow Micro-taper question

[mr...]

Hello,

I have been on Valium starting at 5mg since 2011 working up to 20mg. (See my signature below)

At this time, I am currently stable on 20MG of Valium per day and am looking to start a taper.  I am an active husband and father and the main breadwinner for my family.

My current dosing:  7.5mg-Morning  5mg-Afternoon  7.5mg-Night

I would like to start my taper in July because I will be traveling to the Philippines for a family trip but will start my taper after my trip.

I understand I will experience symptoms during my taper, but any advice on how to do a proper taper and what percentage to reduce and whether to do a daily micro-taper or a cut and hold taper.  My goal is to do a symptom based taper to have the least amount of issues and I don't care if the taper takes 3 years........ETC.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm glad you are educating yourself before beginning to taper and you are positioning yourself well, waiting until after travel.  It is also great that you are also on diazepam since that is what the Ashton method relies heavily on.  Here is the link to Ashton's diazepam withdrawl schedule.  It may not be micro/slow enough for you?  You would have to begin at Stage 10.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s2