challenging family relationships

[bo...]

would like to know of others that cut off family members despite the massive isolation because they they are so toxic, narcissism, controlling, abusive and so on. feeling tired of everything and sad. I'm an adult and it just doesn't stop. it really discouraging on top of this nightmare. thank god I have disability.

I was estranged from my mom for decades before she died since she was so abusive and when she died last May 1st I didn't feel sad or happy or anything.  Just nothing, and I didn't even cry or feel anything. It's like she was a toxic person I had to get out of my life.  I've also disowned my one sister who lives nearby because she was always very critical of me all the time and gaslighted me too.  She is alot like my mom was.  The last straw with her was when she wouldn't reply to a nice email I sent her when my mom died last May 1st.  I don't need people like that in my life.

I lost a whole side of my family after my mom died. (The other side) I was told a family secret about my parents and called it out as abuse. I had had three parents, an aunt, uncle and three woman cousins, all narcissists, plus my half siblings, all lost.

Has anyone else read Sam Vaknin? I spent a year with his books. He created a lot of the scholarship around narcissism that's come up since he wrote his book. Also has a lot of videos on youtube. It opened a whole new way of understanding for me.

Yes. Many years. Having living relatives is different than having a family. You are strong. It is not easy. The isolation is indescribable. But the alternative is intolerable.

You will make it. You will heal and find joy, love, happiness again.

I think my parents and one sister are narcissists.  They are never wrong about anything ever.

yes this is my reality  and I have been wanting to go no contact  with my sister bc she can be very nasty and forgetful just toxic , bc I'm so alone I opened up to her and uses it as a weapon very sick

Yes. Many years. Having living relatives is different than having a family. You are strong. It is not easy. The isolation is indescribable. But the alternative is intolerable.

You will make it. You will heal and find joy, love, happiness again.

:thumbsup:  Very well said.  I'd rather be completely alone and isolated than be abused and humiliated by other people.