Author Topic: Reduce DIAZ 3 days, hold 3 days? Help  (Read 560 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Reduce DIAZ 3 days, hold 3 days? Help
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2022, 01:47:51 pm »
As for the idea of 3 days on and 3 days off - sure, it could be done but I never saw it before. 

There is no best way to taper.

Most try several things to discover they all come with withdrawal issues.  One they accept they will have some withdrawal, they tend to settle in and move forward.

A daily journal of your systems helps - record your dose and symptoms and any life events of the day which bring on anxiety.  My doctor says the benzo pain is from being in a state of withdrawal induced anxiety.  The anxiety makes your muscles tense all the time.  After a  while, the muscles get tired which presents as pain.  So do everything you can to reduce anxiety - reduce life stress and get some exercise and search youtube anxiety helps.

Look, if you want a controlled way to go as slow as you want  and steady, try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpciMUXHfY&list=PLq27kC29XVsNRJ38NeslvT14h2j0UQjEf&index=2&t=46s

To can adjust the initial amount of water to make the taper as slow or fast as you like.  For example,
to be done in 200 days, start with 200 mL of water
to be done in 400 days, start with 400 mL of water

Bob

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2022, 04:33:36 pm »
I don't think 3 days on and three days  off is a very effective means of reducing. (Your brain doesn't know what the heck is going on. No wonder your body is rebelling). Ideally you want to keep pretty much to same level of benzo in your bloodstream constantly, then sneak little bits away from it.

I have no idea how much diazepam you have left to reduce. Please add a signature.

I understand your frustration, but tapering does take time. I tapered for just over 3 years. But by reducing small (and at the end tiny) amounts I was able to keep on working and living my life.

I suggest that you first of all hold until you feel better. And take your benzo every day at the same dosage. Then adopt some sort of schedule to reduce your diazepam that is daily, and incorporates small reductions. My reductions for the last 2 mgs of my taper were .01 mgs a day -- one one hundredth of a milligram. Yes, those reductions took 200 days, but going so slowly enabled me to, as I said, work and live my life. I used the Daily Liquid Microtaper  method. It was easy. Ppl on here can show you how to do it. Bob 7 has already shown you one.

It would be good if you could keep a journal about what you've done benzo-wise and how you feel.

Sorry you are having such a hard time. But don't despair. You can fix this.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2022, 06:54:50 pm »
I did a dry taper until the dose became too small to cut and then I switched to the liquid method [...] mentioned.  I was VERY reluctant to switch to liquid but I found that method very gradual and much easier to do than I had made it out to be.  I found those tiny reductions easy to tolerate.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2022, 12:35:21 am »
Look, if you want a controlled way to go as slow as you want  and steady, try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpciMUXHfY&list=PLq27kC29XVsNRJ38NeslvT14h2j0UQjEf&index=2&t=46s

In that video she dropped the valium directly into the water.  I thought valium/diazapam was not water soluble and you first needed to use a drop of vodka or some type of alcohol to dissolve it before adding water.  I don't remember the amount, and hopefully some one can help me, but I believe it was something like 2 ml of 80 proof alcohol for each 1 mg of valium.  Hopefully Libertas, [...], or someone can clarify this.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 12:45:38 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2022, 01:09:04 am »
I have heard success stories both ways - with and without vodka - so I think you can try it either way and see what works for you.