Water Microtaper Schedule Help

[me...]

Hi friends,

I've been holding for quite a while. Went from 60mg down to 6mg in about four years. Had to hold. On 6mg daily. Previously I microtapered with water. Wondering if someone can come up with a realistic schedule for me to get off this. A year? Nine months? Want to minimize suffering.

The best schedule I've found is Dr. Ashton's. Look here:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

I'm assuming you're on 6 mgs of valium. You might want to add your history to your sig.

Look for Stage 21. You can "slot" yourself in at 6 mgs and follow her schedule until zero. Water taper, cut and hold . . . it doesn't matter. What matters is that you reduce consistently. I followed Ashton and it was very reassuring to know what I needed to do: reduce by 1mg every 1-2 weeks. If that seems too hard, you can always modify her schedule and reduce a little less, or hold for a little more.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Here are the instructions for adding your medication history into your signature, as Katz mentioned, it helps us help you.

You mention a previous water taper, its good you have experience.  We don't really provide schedules, we prefer members start out slow and journal their reductions along with their symptoms and the severity to use as a guide to how to proceed with the next reduction.  This is truly a symptom guided taper that will hopefully keep you functioning.  Are you looking to reduce every day?