Author Topic: Tapering Ativan  (Read 899 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tapering Ativan
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2022, 01:56:00 pm »
Thanks for explaining your routine, I hate to see you wake up in the night to take a pill so I wonder if you could avoid this by sticking to a better dosing routine.  Our brain craves consistency so not having a set regimen could be contributing to your nighttime wakeups.

If you do decide to follow your doctors suggestion to whittle your doses down to 3 a day most members will do this gradually to limit the impact, they'll delay the doses a little each time. 

What really concerns me is your doctors threat for next month, a patient led, symptom based taper is in your best interest, not one dictated by someone else.  I hope you can show her a willingness to get off the medication but at the same time advocate for yourself that you're the one who has to suffer if her demands aren't achievable. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.