N/m

[5e...]

I think right now since your night dose is 1mg Xanax- the equivalent dose would be correct (.5mg Xanax, 10mg Valium).  Try that out for a week or even 2 weeks since Valium takes a while to build up in your system and see how you do. 

Do you have a Psychiatrist who could work on a crossover plan with you going forward if you do OK with the Valium? 

I am sure there are more experienced people on here who will chime in. 

In my experience (and I know everyone's is NOT the same), I just crossed over directly from .5mg Xanax to 10mg Valium (in the evenings) without any issues at all.  With that being said, I still take 1mg Xanax in the late morning- I haven't touched that dose just yet.  The Valium actually made me sedated and I slept much better.  I am now getting ready to taper to 6mg on Monday.  I have a big event tomorrow that I planned and am waiting until after that to taper again.

Give the Valium a try, you may find it's a good fit for you.  I have zero interdose with it.  The Xanax interdose was a nightmare!  I feel for you as I have been there!

Hang in there and give it a try!

machka Yes, the Xanax interdose is a nightmare!  I give those people who taper from Xanax alone lots of credit!  I couldn't do it.  Valium has such a long half life and at least with me, there is zero interdose, I actually feel sedated from it (which I agree is much better and at least tolerable).  It did cause depression with me as well, but that lifted after about 3 weeks.  It also caused brain fog in a bad way as well, but that also lifted (some).  I just tapered to 6mg Valium in the evenings last night, so I will probably go through the depression and brain fog again, but at least I know what to expect and that it will eventually go away.  Hang in there, Xanax is Evil, I get it.  I actually hate taking my late morning dose, but don't have a choice and that is a really crappy feeling!  Looking forward to tapering that dose!  I am going slow, not in a rush and want to be successful this time!  I don't want this drug or big Pharma to control me any longer!