Author Topic: 5 months... 150 days benzo free!  (Read 411 times)

[Buddie]

5 months... 150 days benzo free!
« on: April 14, 2022, 04:13:36 pm »
Early days, I know... but I'm sitting here this morning, looking out over the garden, after an 8 hour sleep, realizing that healing is happening.   
The sleep thing.  It nearly swamped me at the bottom end of my taper.  At one point I got almost  no sleep for 5 weeks.  Maybe just a few hours.  I was beyond exhausted and scared that it would never happen.    I tried every herb and potion on the market.... some of them worrked for a few days and then nada...      And now, using nothing,  here I am..  sleep drenched.    I wake up every hour or so, but I'm dreaming normal dreams and falling back into oblivion.  No adrenalin... no sweating..     I feel like weeping I'm so grateful.

I have a long way to go I'm sure.  I'm dealing with lots of symptoms still.  I woild say derealization, and dizziness, headache and tinnitus are big ones.     But after 20 years of benzo use, and 4 years of tapering,  I'm on my way.   
Profound gratitude to this site and every one that contributes... :smitten: :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 5 months... 150 days benzo free!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 04:44:03 pm »
Great news! Keep it up.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 06:46:34 pm »
I feel like weeping right along with you [...], this is such a wonderful update!  :smitten:  Your road has been rough, the challenges you've faced and continue to face are overwhelming but to see you now, feeling gratitude after getting 8 hours of sleep makes me so happy, I think you're on your way too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 12:56:55 am »
Congratulations!  This is fabulous!  So incredibily happy for you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 04:23:00 pm »
Thank you thank you!
I just finished reading the Repository in the Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery support.   Wow.   A huge appreciation BB member [...] for assembling this body of medical research.   So many questions and mysteries about why my brain and body are all messed up, have been answered.   I now have a better appreciation of what is involved in healing from benzos.... from tinnitus, to thyroid, to what exercise does, protracted withdrawal syndrome and so on. 

Although im still brain fogged, a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to understand this research.   I am reminded of how incredibly complex our bodies are.  What a miracle our bodies are! 

Knowledge is power.  I have come a long way in my healing and I have a long way to go.  I will be less anxious and more patient with myself just knowing what an intricate business healing is.  This is stuff my doctor couldn't tell me.   

So hang in there buddies   :smitten:....  thank God for this site... :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 07:15:46 pm »
Wow! This is amazing. Iím so happy for u honey x amazing

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 10:25:53 pm »
Thank you thank you!
I just finished reading the Repository in the Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery support.   Wow.   A huge appreciation BB member [...] for assembling this body of medical research.   So many questions and mysteries about why my brain and body are all messed up, have been answered.   I now have a better appreciation of what is involved in healing from benzos.... from tinnitus, to thyroid, to what exercise does, protracted withdrawal syndrome and so on. 

Although im still brain fogged, a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to understand this research.   I am reminded of how incredibly complex our bodies are.  What a miracle our bodies are! 

Knowledge is power.  I have come a long way in my healing and I have a long way to go.  I will be less anxious and more patient with myself just knowing what an intricate business healing is.  This is stuff my doctor couldn't tell me.   

So hang in there buddies   :smitten:....  thank God for this site... :smitten:

Well, thank you. But, take another look - I merely quoted other members! Look to the small header immediately above the quotes for the author. ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 11:13:33 am »
Duely noted!  But [...] many many thanks for your massive contribution here.  For assembling so much relevant information.     :smitten: