5 months... 150 days benzo free!

[ja...]

Early days, I know... but I'm sitting here this morning, looking out over the garden, after an 8 hour sleep, realizing that healing is happening. 

The sleep thing.  It nearly swamped me at the bottom end of my taper.  At one point I got almost  no sleep for 5 weeks.  Maybe just a few hours.  I was beyond exhausted and scared that it would never happen.    I tried every herb and potion on the market.... some of them worrked for a few days and then nada...      And now, using nothing,  here I am..  sleep drenched.    I wake up every hour or so, but I'm dreaming normal dreams and falling back into oblivion.  No adrenalin... no sweating..    I feel like weeping I'm so grateful.

I have a long way to go I'm sure.  I'm dealing with lots of symptoms still.  I woild say derealization, and dizziness, headache and tinnitus are big ones.    But after 20 years of benzo use, and 4 years of tapering,  I'm on my way. 

Profound gratitude to this site and every one that contributes... :smitten: :smitten:

I feel like weeping right along with you janiceh, this is such a wonderful update!  :smitten:  Your road has been rough, the challenges you've faced and continue to face are overwhelming but to see you now, feeling gratitude after getting 8 hours of sleep makes me so happy, I think you're on your way too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you thank you!

I just finished reading the Repository in the Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery support.  Wow.  A huge appreciation BB member Colin for assembling this body of medical research.  So many questions and mysteries about why my brain and body are all messed up, have been answered.  I now have a better appreciation of what is involved in healing from benzos.... from tinnitus, to thyroid, to what exercise does, protracted withdrawal syndrome and so on. 

Although im still brain fogged, a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to understand this research.  I am reminded of how incredibly complex our bodies are.  What a miracle our bodies are! 

Knowledge is power.  I have come a long way in my healing and I have a long way to go.  I will be less anxious and more patient with myself just knowing what an intricate business healing is.  This is stuff my doctor couldn't tell me.   

So hang in there buddies  :smitten:....  thank God for this site... :smitten:

Thank you thank you!

I just finished reading the Repository in the Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery support.  Wow.  A huge appreciation BB member Colin for assembling this body of medical research.  So many questions and mysteries about why my brain and body are all messed up, have been answered.  I now have a better appreciation of what is involved in healing from benzos.... from tinnitus, to thyroid, to what exercise does, protracted withdrawal syndrome and so on. 

Although im still brain fogged, a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to understand this research.  I am reminded of how incredibly complex our bodies are.  What a miracle our bodies are! 

Knowledge is power.  I have come a long way in my healing and I have a long way to go.  I will be less anxious and more patient with myself just knowing what an intricate business healing is.  This is stuff my doctor couldn't tell me.   

So hang in there buddies  :smitten:....  thank God for this site... :smitten:

Well, thank you. But, take another look - I merely quoted other members! Look to the small header immediately above the quotes for the author. ;)

Duely noted!  But Colin many many thanks for your massive contribution here.  For assembling so much relevant information.    :smitten: