Tapering off Kolonopin (constant insomnia)

[Ct...]

Hey All,

I had been taking Xanax for close to 20 years, building a tolerance that peaked at 2mg 4x a day.

I began tapering and was able to cut my dosage in half over a couple of months. Six weeks ago, after a lot of deliberation I decided to switch to Kolonopin and am currently taking 3 mgs per day. My anxiety is fine however for the past 6 weeks I have suffered from constant insomnia. I have tried everything and anything I can find on the web but still am keeping vampire hours. I don’t know if I should switch back to Xanax or some other medication, or continue this taper, hoping that this insomnia eventually passes. Any advice would be appreciated, especially anyone who has also experienced this never ending insomnia.

Thanks

Ctjm007

Hi ctjm, Ive been suffering insomnia for months, haven't had mor than 4 hours since I can remember, its mostly 2-3 hours broken sleep but sometimes zero. I have tried meletonin and valerian both worked ok at first but not so great now, mine is mainly because pain keeps me awake. I took phenergen 25mg (promithazine) a few nights ago and this gave me 3 hours sleep. I took it by mistake thinking it was my meletonin pill, I dont really like it as itcan cause constipationand next day drowsiness but it will give you some sleep at least. Also the meletonin may work for you