Lorazepam Oral Concentrate USP

[gb...]

We've had members use the liquid, I think it's great but did your doctor or pharmacist give you instructions how to use it, can you tell us the concentration?  Also, were you previously on tablets, sometimes members have observed that changing from tablets to liquids takes an adjustment period, your body see's just about any change as a reduction and can react with symptoms.  Its best not to begin reducing right away to give your body time to adjust. 

Yes multiple members have used the prescription 2mg/mL oral lorazepam concentrate (Intensol) to taper.

Most of the ones I’ve read about dilute this formulation further with water to achieve a lower concentration.  I believe current member Dianedeedee is using it in this manner.

I agree with Pamster about the importance of giving your body time to adjust to the new dosage format. Some individuals ‘register’ the change from solid to liquid as an increase in dose, others as a decrease, still others do not notice a difference.  In a similar vein, some individuals report a difference in the onset and/or duration of action whereas others do not. 

The only way to know is to try it yourself.  To ensure that you get a clear ‘read’ on the impact of this change, it’s best to hold all other taper-related variables constant (e.g. keep your current dose and dosing schedule the same, avoid adding new supplements or other medications).