head pressure that causes lack of sleep

[ka...]

[69...]

:brickwall: :brickwall:

Yep! I take Trazodone, only way I get a bit of sleep.

You know my story though.

The drs can’t figure yours out?

Have you had a MRI, CT ?

I do think that this head pressure business is increased intracranial hypertension.

It can come and go all day long.

So when you have a brain injury, you have increased cerebral spinal fluid.

People with COVID are getting this.

People with ME/CFS have this, as their issues started from a virus that attacks the brain

People after the vaccine have had this.

Makes sense that people in benzo wd can have this.

The answer is either a diuretic or topomax, which is used for migraines

I’m at the point of willing to try anything.

Psych meds are known to increase CSF, especially after discontinuation.

Good luck.

Winnie

Head pressure is a WD symptom along with brain "zaps" and for some, "exploding head syndrome."  All of these are due to Benzos...

IMO looking for a medical cause and then trying to get treatment with another drug is almost never going to work?

There isn't much, if anything, that can be used to treat Benzo WD symptoms or everyone in WD would be doing that

I had every medical test done that my insurance would allow and all test came back negative...

IMO, trying to connect the dots is futile, but you do what is best for you!

All of my 15+ symptoms went away completely after I healed and never returned so there was never an underlying medical condition that caused them.  Even the psychiatrist I saw said I had at least 2 or 3 different mental conditions or illnesses...NOT....it was ALWAYS the Benzos.

Good luck!

The OP said they have been off over 30 months. How long does one wait after stopping benzos? Perhaps, there might be another cause....IDK. There is also the possibility of these drugs doing permanent damage in some ppl, but this is purely speculative.

Hopefully not Xray, but I also wonder the same thing. It does make me ponder when I see ppl many years out benzo free and still suffering terribly.

:brickwall: :brickwall:

Psych meds are known to increase CSF, especially after discontinuation.

Good luck.

Winnie

Winnie, what does CSF stand for?

[69...]

Cerebral Spinal Fluid

Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension when it is serious and would be diagnosed would also mean that you were losing your eyesight.

I had this happen to me.

I was eating carrots and brown rice everyday, and both of those increase CSF, I couldn’t see out of my right eye and tons of pressure behind it.

I stopped eating the rice and carrots and boom it went away.

For me, I still have incredible pressure in my head that only happened after my booster, lots of people have gotten IIH after their shots.

Finally, the head pressure I feel may also be from occipital neuralgia.

I’ve been working with a chiropractor on this and had some success with some pain relief last night.

In the end, everyone maybe right.

But I don’t like calling it withdrawal, that’s all.

It’s a brain injury and yes, any brain injury can take time to heal.

I believe in getting checked out.

But Treway is right too, everyone should be cautious about medication, as it can set people back.

I have been diagnosed with other conditions that IIH is common in, I’ve had to take meds for those.

Hope for the best for everyone, knowledge is key, but time is also the best healer.

Take care

Winnie

Thanks Winnie. How long have you had this pressure? You said it started after the covid booster. Do you just feel pressure or pressure and painful like a headache? Where on your head do you feel it mostly? Forehead, temples, in the back, whole head? I have been having a little of this now for a while, but it has been mild so far. I feel for kanoba. Almost 3 years is a long time.

thanks antibenzo7 it sure is but that's the target I'm aiming for after 3 years I'm resetting my goal posts to 5 years. currently have am head pressure now

I have had really bad head pressure for many years now. When I first told my primary care Doc he looked in my eyes with a flashlight  and could tell it was not internal pressure. I think it is just a sensation that feels that way.

thanks TD my neuro doc also said nothing is wrong w me but that was pre Cold Turkey so Im due for another 5 year check up