Is a cardio exercise routine worth during taper/wd?

[fu...]

I noticed that my symptoms flared up when I started to do some spinning bicycle at home.

However, I wonder if it's only an initial shock or if exercises are not advised for recovery. I intend to keep a routine composed by a 2km walk, 30 minutes of spinning bicycle and some basic calisthenics.

Does it help or does it hinder recovery? Can it help treating symptoms like mental fatigue or only exacerbate it?

I didn't do cardio during withdrawl but I did a long, brisk walk outdoors most days.  I had a bit of agoraphobia so getting started with the walking routine was hard (I felt very anxious when I started out) but I ultimately found that it helped with my withdrawl symptoms, filled some time, and burned off some of the anxious energy/restlessness I had.

I personally think light cardio is helpful.....even moderate but I would avoid anything intense or strenuous. I tried outdoor walking like Kate mentioned but I don't like being out when I feel really bad. The last thing I want is to be recognized in the neighborhood by a passerby who wants to stop and talk, so I do my light cardio indoors on my stationary bike.

• 4 months later...
Adding cardio into a cutting phase is not necessary, however, it can help in that it burns additional calories. I read that when bodybuilders are deep into a cut, they'll often add one cardio session per day to their routine in addition to weight training. I tried doing cardio every day, even on leg days but understood it was too much for me. Later, I found a good article https://betterme.world/articles/cardio-on-leg-day/ that helped me figure everything out and understand that cardio is not a must on leg days. Now I do it three times a week and feel much better.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to work my way up to being able to do intense cardio. There was a time when even a simple walk gave me air hunger and made me feel worse. I eventually started using a treadmill daily even if it made me feel terrible after. Eventually I could use it for 45 minutes without feeling terrible after.

I got bored of the treadmill and joined a gym to use weights and once again I'm getting an increase in symptoms. It seems like we need to start really slow in terms of cardio and weight lifting to avoid increasing symptoms and throwing our bodies into shock.