25 Months off....Almost ready for success story

[de...]

On the 15th of this month it will be 25 months since I have taken a benzo.  What a journey this has been.  I am not completely asymptomatic, but I am pretty darn close.  My symptoms are very mild and basically do not keep me from living my life.  I have gotten a part time job at a gardening shop and am working 24 hours a week.    All in all, I feel pretty good.  My sleep is still not great, but I am confident that will eventually improve. 

Here is what I would like to say to myself and to everyone else fighting this battle.  Keep going!  Do not give up!  There will be some really hard days ahead, but things do improve.  When you think you can't do it another day, hang on tight and keep fighting.  I have often asked the question "why" many times.  Why me???  Why this struggle?  Why didn't I know better?  Why does it take so long?  Why doesn't anyone understand?  Why do doctor's prescribe this medicine and not give patients more information about the dangers?    I don't have answers to any of those questions, but I do know that I am a better person having gone through this.  I hope I don't forget the lessons I have learned, and continue to build on the growth I have experienced.

This sounds like a success story; but it is not.  I am not going to write my success story until I am completely symptom free.  I have been told by several who know, that it is likely to be three years before I am asymptomatic.

I have not been on this forum much in the last few weeks, and I miss my friends, but I know that Benzo Buddies is part of my past from which I will move on, but I will not forget everyone who helped me along the way.

Keep fighting!  Keep believing!  Keep supporting one another! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Decatur,

Congratulations! So happy you are moving forward and doing so well. Miss you but I understand why you're not on benzo buddies as much anymore. Look forward to your success story. Hugs!

LiveLife

Wow this brings me so much joy! Live your best life my dear. You truly are a champion in this. I’ll be waiting on your success story.

I miss you too!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: