For those who can’t feel

[Tr...]

I want to let everyone that can’t feel know that your emotions will come back and you will see colour and hear music and feel again. I remember sitting outside feeling like an empty shell, hollow, it felt permanent. Today I got rain drizzling on me and as I was complaining of getting wet I remembered that moment…..  that made me go still and appreciate how I was feeling. Fully in the moment. You will feel again, it’s not permanent. I didn’t believe all the people who said I’d get better, I thought I’d be the exception because I was so sick. You won’t be the exception, please believe me. You will feel again. I’m doing so much better and Im currently recovering from a severe back spasm that caused me great pain and that didn’t rev up any of my lingering issues. I’m just over 2 years out.

Thank you for this! Really! I am in a set back right now with no emotions, increased head pressure and blank mind. Need all the hope i can get!

I want to let everyone that can’t feel know that your emotions will come back and you will see colour and hear music and feel again. I remember sitting outside feeling like an empty shell, hollow, it felt permanent. Today I got rain drizzling on me and as I was complaining of getting wet I remembered that moment…..  that made me go still and appreciate how I was feeling. Fully in the moment. You will feel again, it’s not permanent. I didn’t believe all the people who said I’d get better, I thought I’d be the exception because I was so sick. You won’t be the exception, please believe me. You will feel again. I’m doing so much better and Im currently recovering from a severe back spasm that caused me great pain and that didn’t rev up any of my lingering issues. I’m just over 2 years out.

I want to believe this, but like you said you did, I have my doubts I will feel and be able to be myself emotionally.

There are a lot of factors that I think contribute.  Age, dose, length time on benzo.

Hard for me to believe when I've been on  benzos for like 26-28years.  And I'm in my late 50's.

I don't know your history and story.

Thanks for posting this, I just left the link for member who is doubting the feelings will come back.  :smitten:

I used to be angry at those healing / healed coming here and saying we obsess over our symptoms, how could they say that when all we are trying to do is help ourselves and figure out what’s happening. Looking back now, yes there is some truth to that. Obsession is a symptom. Heightened fear and anxiety are symptoms. Doom and gloom thoughts are symptoms. When severely sick it’s difficult to distinguish between ourselves and these symptoms because they are us, but as you start to heal significantly, it’s almost like they slowly start to peel off until they are left on the side and you can see them separate from yourself. Trust in the healing process, trust in all the miracles given to those who got better if you can’t trust in anything else.

Awe Trying this is so good!

All of this is so beyond belief. Yesterday I had a massive wave of physical symptoms - yet someone told me something so funny I was crying and my stomach hurt laughing. So good to have that back.

Today I was able to get up early and get so much done. This afternoon the sound of rain and birds was so relaxing ..I laid down and had a nap for over an hour - deep - not toxic, nice dreams. And I woke up feeling refreshed. NEVER thought that would happen again if you had asked me a year ago.

Its the slowest most unpredictable process but my word we've had our setbacks and are still progressing forward. WE got this!

Its the slowest most unpredictable process but my word we've had our setbacks and are still progressing forward. WE got this!

Trina I’m so glad to hear that you got some window moments, that is great! Hold on to those when you are going through the waves and know it will keep slowly getting better. I’m so happy you had a window my friend and one day you will write your success story, I just know it!

Amazing post!

I already feel better  cause you remind me on my windows periods, and I know that they will happen again, no matter how is hard to believe now in my setback.

Thank you for your beautiful and very hopeful words!