Question about disposal

[Ta...]

Hey, Buddies!

This is kind of an oddball question, and I'm not sure if I'm posting it in the correct forum, so if it needs to be moved, please do so!

When I was doing milk titration, I would use jars to dispose of the cuts I was making.  At a certain point, I disposed of the collected liquid in kitty litter and threw it in the trash, as I did not want to dump it down the drain.  There were times when several of these jars collected before I dumped them, so I wound up with a bunch of jars coated on the inside with "benzo milk" residue.  At the time, I wasn't sure how to clean these properly (and frankly, didn't want to deal with it) so I just shoved them under the sink "for later." 

I've found a bunch of these since, some of which have developed mold on the inside.  I need to get rid of them, but am not sure of the proper way to clean the jars that still have benzo residue, and the ones that have mold.  I don't really want to dump it down the sink, nor do I just want to throw the jars away as they are, and need to know  a) how to clean them, and b) how to dispose of the liquid properly.

Would the residue remaining be enough to be concerned about in terms of dumping it down the sink, or do I need to go the kitty litter route again with all of these?  They probably need to be scrubbed out, and I could buy a brush specifically for this and then dispose of it afterward. 

I don't know if vinegar would work on the mold, and if it's safe to dump down the drain afterward, or into kitty litter.  I should have stayed on top of this, but just didn't want to deal with it at the time.  I thought maybe I could put water and dish soap in the jars that don't have mold, shake them, let them sit, and then dump the residue, but have concerns about putting anything "benzo" down the drain.  So, if anyone has dealt with this before, or has any ideas, please let me know.  I need to get rid of them, but want to do it properly.  Again, if this needs to be moved to a different board, that's cool!

Thanks so much, Buddies!

Tapering Off

PS  I've edited this post since putting it up.  I had mentioned using bleach, but I don't think that's a good idea now, particularly with shaking and dumping bottles, and I'm not sure if it's safe to dump bleach into kitty litter, either because of some of the chemicals in the litter, or whether it's even wise or safe to just dump it down the drain, so I deleted the reference.  Putting this up in case anyone read that before the edit; it seemed to me, after making the post, that using bleach, either on its own or in combination with dish soap or anything else, could be dangerous, so just adding this so no one thinks I'm suggesting this as a solution.  I think it could probably cause more problems than it solves!

You're very conscientious, I have no idea what the answer is but I wanted to comment on the lengths you've gone to in order to dispose of your medication.  :thumbsup: