Author Topic: 2 Months out and not sure if I can hang on  (Read 1380 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 2 Months out and not sure if I can hang on
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2022, 05:51:13 am »
Hey I just want to chime in and say that you are doing good! As far as your attitude goes anyway! I know the sleep thing SUCKs! I had it hardcore. Everything you are talking about is unfortunately completely normal in benzo wd world :(
Like classic. Sometimes the sleep thing takes....months. I know it's hard to hear when you have already done 2 months of it, But honestly it really does come back. I was the zero nights girl too, only I never even fell asleep. Plus the fact that you can be physically comfortable is also promising! (My physical pain also kept me awake on top of the panic, jolts, and overall neurological symptoms I had)
Also, you saying you had some better days mixed in is a very good sign as well. You will probably start having more of those, especially on days that you get a little more sleep.
Unfortunately, it just takes time. But I am confident you will get there!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2022, 08:45:57 am »
Thanks [...] bell..I appreciate the encouragement but I may be nearing the end of my rope. I'm just getting way too many nights of zero perceived sleep and I feel like I may have to go to the psych ward soon. I may have had other mental issues prior to the benzos that could have flared up so not sure if its wise to keep pushing and not sleeping..
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2022, 12:15:38 pm »
Please do what you need to do to keep yourself safe, only you know how much you can take, we'll support whatever decision you make.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2022, 12:27:30 pm »
Thanks for the support [...], in your opinion would it be better to try to reinstate myself or go to the psych ward and maybe have them give me non benzo options? Just unsure what I shoild do next

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2022, 12:51:02 pm »
Thanks for the support [...], in your opinion would it be better to try to reinstate myself or go to the psych ward and maybe have them give me non benzo options? Just unsure what I shoild do next

Given what you stated here I can't weigh in with a suggestion, this is something you should discuss with your family or your doctor. 

Thanks [...] bell..I appreciate the encouragement but I may be nearing the end of my rope. I'm just getting way too many nights of zero perceived sleep and I feel like I may have to go to the psych ward soon. I may have had other mental issues prior to the benzos that could have flared up so not sure if its wise to keep pushing and not sleeping..

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2022, 04:32:57 pm »
If it were me, I would discuss non addictive options with my doc.
Things like antihistamines and such. There are many things out there, doesn't have to be benzos or z drugs.

And yes, will support you here as always :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2022, 05:19:16 pm »
thanks [...], I appreciate the kind words. 
I tried some hydroxzine last night and just amped me up more. not sure where this is going next but I may have no other option as I feel as the lack of sleep is causing me to lose the ability to function daily.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2022, 06:39:04 pm »
Hey just an update, didn't go to the psych ward. I think ibwas having a bad long stretch of no sleep. Got 4 hrs last night so enough to keep me in the game for now!

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2022, 08:23:41 pm »
One day at time around here, so glad you're feeling a little better!  :thumbsup: 

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2022, 08:36:35 pm »
Woot!
Good news to make my day!