Author Topic: 7 months post cold turkey — had my first truly 100% day  (Read 443 times)

[Buddie]

7 months post cold turkey — had my first truly 100% day
« on: April 08, 2022, 04:10:34 am »
As I’m entering my 8th month of recovery, my only remaining (and very minor) symptoms are PVCs, cortisol rush in the morning waking me up at 5-6 am, fasciculations, occasional tinnitus, and chemical anxiety flutters here and there.

Today I had none of these symptoms.

I under-slept, and yet experienced no cortisol spike in the morning (which usually comes in like clock work). I was tired and full of itchy eyes and allergy nose, stressed and happy with my little niece visiting me with my brother and mom, with family drama and all… but I was psychologically and neurologically at 100%

I’m certain I’m gonna have more of these days. Our bodies are resilient as hell. Time will heal us all.

P.S. YouTube randomly recommended this video which is just a testament to human mental and physical strength but also draws a ton of parallels when it comes to dealing with persistent challenges. https://youtu.be/6SYHamnHqU8
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 7 months post cold turkey — had my first truly 100% day
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 01:39:08 am »
 1 month of use , 7 months of extreme torture... and there is no such a thing of withdrawal syndrome..

fortunately you didnt took it for longer  congrats on your efforts and im sorry a doctor did this to you....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 02:05:29 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 11:36:31 pm »
[...], so happy to hear of your progress!  I have been following you as your story/usage is similar to mine.  Absolutely loved the video you shared - so many parallels in life to benzo recovery.  Thanh you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 12:20:55 pm »
1 month of use , 7 months of extreme torture... and there is no such a thing of withdrawal syndrome..

fortunately you didnt took it for longer  comgrats.on your efforts and.im sorry a doctor did this to you....

very nice [...]