Author Topic: Caffeine and klonopin  (Read 291 times)

[Buddie]

Caffeine and klonopin
« on: April 08, 2022, 12:19:01 am »
Hello,

I am almost ready to start my taper.

For years, to offset the stupor that clonazepam has put me in, along with other psychotropics,  I have usually downed two mugs of coffee in the morning, and then one more in the late afternoon.

I know my caffeine habits aren't helping with the anxiety and irritability caused by tolerance from over 30 years of klonopin use.

So, this week,  I started drinking just one mug of coffee, just so see how it goes.  So far, I haven't had any headaches.

I would like to keep my caffeine intake to a minimum when I start my taper.  I think it is best, because I have panic disorder, in addition to general anxiety. 

Has anyone else had problems with cutting or giving up caffeine?

Thanks!
kestrel 28
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Caffeine and klonopin
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 09:25:53 am »
Try decaff
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 11:34:21 am »
Thank you, [...]. 

I have a good whole bean decaf that I've been using regularly.   I'm really hoping I can taper off the caffeine long-term. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 02:32:57 am »
I drank decaf for a short time when I first started tapering because of how much fear I had about caffeine due to support groups. I eventually told myself to try a regular coffee and I felt fine. I drank regular coffee every day of my taper with no issues. I only seemed to get anxiety if I drank more than 1 coffee in a day.