Author Topic: WR's hopeful farewell  (Read 2626 times)

[Buddie]

Re: WR's hopeful farewell
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 12:27:49 pm »
Wow, thank you for the kind and encouraging messages dear buddies!  I'm so glad my story gives you hope.  [...], I love your tagline: "healing hurts (worth it tho)".   I had a similar "symptoms are what healing feels like" mantra, and it was true! 

Re: some of your questions...

For about a year now, when symptoms flare up, they're at a low enough hum as to not be too disruptive. They just sometimes feel frustrating, b/c I also get windows, where I am symptom-free.  Re: happiness.  Yep, I sure am :angel:.  This experience has forever  changed me (in a good way).  I think this outcome is actually pretty common for people who have survived something traumatic (called "post-traumatic growth").  And  yes, my system can cope with stress quite well now.  This has gotten much better in the last year or so.  Sometimes when I have something really stressful happen, I brace myself for a symptom flare, but it never comes!  It's a great feeling.

And yes, I believe 100% that I will continue to heal and believe the same for all of you, including the very protracted folks who have declared themselves forever injured.  I think healing just takes its sweet time for some of us.

Hang in there dear buddies.  I'm rooting for all of you  :smitten:.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2022, 12:39:39 pm »
Congrats [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2022, 01:08:16 pm »
Congratulations [...]

You were the first post on my Success Story way back in November of 2017, I was hoping I could do  the same for you, but missed it by a bunch of posts...LOL!

So glad you mostly crossed the finish line, but you WILL continue to heal and improve...over time :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2022, 03:20:02 pm »
This was so timely for me today. Thank you so much!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2022, 04:55:23 pm »
Your post came when I was starting to lose hope, it made me happy. But still sad to hear that waves still hit u this far, something so disheartening to hear.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2022, 02:48:22 pm »
Thank you again buddies for your kind replies.   

[...] - thank you so much for sticking around to cheer everyone on, providing hope, and perspective.  It's sometimes hard for me to return to BB,  b/c it reminds me of the darker days, but I will try to do as you have, and pay it forward to the buddies still in the trenches.

[...] - please don't be spooked by my timeline.  Years-long recoveries are not the norm, and I was on an obscene amount of Klonopin for many years.  Hang in there.  Better days are coming.

:smitten:
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2022, 12:56:37 am »
W/R,
I don't post much but I remember you from the old 18-30 Months and Upward Thread. Everyone there was always so encouraging to one another. I'm so very happy for you! Well Done!! I've come across many of your posts over the years and they are positive, hopeful and respectful. I've always appreciated that! I was looking for some encouragement and your SS post is certainly that! Like you, I've had a long complicated withdrawal and I'm in a setback, but hoping it won't last much longer. Enjoy everyday!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2022, 02:12:15 am »
Thank you for giving back by writing your story, its incredible and so are you.  You persevered and made it through this nightmare and I love what you said about this experience making you fearless, I'm going go google what Afro-Brazilian drumming ensembles sound like.   :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2022, 02:29:52 pm »
Thank you [...]!  The music is called samba reggae, originating from the streets of Brazil, combining Brazilian samba w/Jamaican reggae.  It's fun, and HAPPY music - just what I needed!

Dash, thank you for the kind message.  I just read your signature, and I'm so sorry it's been such a long and complicated struggle for you.   Sounds like we had a few things in common, including menopausal fun :crazy:.  I'm hoping your setback (wave?) ends ASAP, and you notice improvements when it does.  Even during my monster waves after seizures, I came out of them noticeably improved.

Wishing you all the very best.

:smitten:
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2022, 09:44:16 am »
[...] how has the perception of your life changed?
Did it bring any spiritual evolution in you?
Anything else in terms of life you believe bwd taught you?