Diazepam taper advice

[St...]

Hi, would appreciate some advice regarding e diazepam taper. I am currently on 18.5mg. Not sure how much to cut and when. I feel the Ashton Method is quick. Would a taper of taking 10% of my current dose be more manageable. I need to find a balance I can cope with. When I was on lorazepam I cut every ten days, but this is new. I wanted to follow the Ashton method because I want to be off this stuff asap. Any advice would be much appreciated. Blessings fellow buddies. 💞

I realize you want to go rather quickly, but going slow at first is wise until you get your footing and know how this will go for you.  And a good taper plan should be flexible.

Finding a balance between staying functional and moving along with my taper was my goal.  You may have seen this, but here is a link to the Ashton method for reducing Valium:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s2

Thanks for replying to me. I feel I am going slow, I was planning on following the Ashton method, which I have printed out. I dropped half a mg two weeks ago. Have tolerance symptoms but can cope. So was feeling to wait until Monday and drop 1mg, see how that goes. The Ashton method is more rapid than that. Guess I feel if I drop less then 1mg is going to be ages to get off. I guess it's a learning process, I was used to lorazepam for so long and knew what to expect when I made a cut. Thanks again for replying.💞