Author Topic: Paper, Mar/22: Surviving benzodiazepines: patient and clinician perspectives  (Read 442 times)

[Buddie]

Fantastic article! Thank you so much for posting it, [...]. Much respect to both authors -- to Carrie, for having the courage to tell her story openly and honestly, and to Dr. Wright, for his insight, intelligence, experience, attention to detail, and for his clear desire to do the right thing and to help people. I salute them both.

:smitten: :thumbsup: :clap:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Well, hello, [...].  Im delighted you found the article of value!  Carrie S and Steve W have definitely earned our salutes and kudos they are both exceptional human beings. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I only wish that Dr Wright had not retired.
He obviously deserves this next phase of his life, but he was a huge reason the work got his far!!

Im in Canada and have finally got some people at one of the top teaching hospitals to read the new benzo book and some of the new articles.

I also finally got my Family Dr to agree that he believes me.
Doesnt help me, but its a start.

[...]

[Buddie]

[...]:

Convincing healthcare professionals at a top teaching hospital to learn more about benzodiazepines is a MAJOR accomplishment as is getting your family doctor to say I believe you.   It is through the efforts of determined and courageous individuals such as yourself that progress will be made.  Well done and thank you!