Author Topic: New to scale- few questions  (Read 667 times)

[Buddie]

Re: New to scale- few questions
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2022, 06:05:42 pm »
I did lots of business travel so for me, making a bunch of gel capsules with my dose saved the trouble of mixing liquids on the road.  But now I wonder if it would have been better to do liquid (less withdrawal).

There is no recommended mL.  Everyone is different.  You could remove 1.5 mL per day if you want a faster taper.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2022, 06:25:32 pm »
Am I on the right track?

Day 0   0.05   21   0.0357   0.4626
Day 1   0.05   22   0.0374   0.4626
Day 2   0.05   23   0.0391   0.4609
Day 3   0.05   24      
Day 4   0.05   25      
Day 5   0.05   26      
Day 6   0.05   27      
Day 7   0.05   28      
Day 8   0.05   28      
Day 9   0.05   30      
Day 10   0.05   31      
Day 11   0.05   32      
Day 12   0.05   33      
Day 13   0.05   34      
Day 14   0.05   35   0.0595   0.4405

We do I find a tool that measures that many MLs to discard?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2022, 06:35:24 pm »
You can buy 1 mL syringes (without needle) here:

https://smile.amazon.com/1ml-Syringe-Sterile-Luer-Slip/dp/B07BQDRDC2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1ml+syringe+without+needle&qid=1649184289&sprefix=1ml+%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-3

You might want to buy some larger ones too - just search on amazon.

While I am not sure what the 4 column is, your fifth column looks very close if not perfect.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2022, 06:52:25 pm »
The 4th column is just the rate of deduction in mg. I use that to subtract from .5

I REALLY appreciate your insight on taking the time to help me with this. So far day 3 and I'm fine. We will see how things go.....

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2022, 07:07:42 pm »
Most people do fine at first.  In fact, they do so well, they increase the taper speed.
But then, after a few weeks or months, all the reductions seem to catch up and hit all at once.
So be careful. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2022, 08:28:07 pm »
A common withdrawal pattern reported by members discontinuing clonazepam is the 3/10 pattern.  It takes about 3 days for withdrawal symptoms to emerge and about 10 days for them to begin to stabilize (i.e. stop changing in number and nature, become tolerable).

The fact that you’re feeling ok after 3 days is an encouraging sign.  It suggest that the 6.25% reduction you made was not ‘too large’ for you.  Discovering what taper rate is ‘Just Right’ for you is one of the keys to a successful taper.  Consequently, I encourage you to monitor your taper rate (percent reduction over time) as you taper and make adjustments if needed.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 10:27:28 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2022, 07:34:44 pm »
But now I wonder if it would have been better to do liquid (less withdrawal).

Why do you say there is less withdrawal with liquid, Bob? Because ideally you can be more accurate in dosing than even dry powder and weighing? If I could've done liquid, I totally would have.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2022, 08:29:17 pm »
Everyone is different.  Some seem to do better on liquids, others on dry tapers.  I was just "wondering" about myself, had I did liquids - I did not mean liquids have less withdrawal.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2022, 09:34:34 pm »
Everyone is different.  Some seem to do better on liquids, others on dry tapers.  I was just "wondering" about myself, had I did liquids - I did not mean liquids have less withdrawal.

Oh, gotcha. And you are so right, and this board proves how different we all are. And we're just the ones who've had trouble getting off these meds. There's that whole other group of people who can keep taking them or have no trouble getting off them.