Do you guys feel this way too? Anyone have an answer to these questions?

[Th...]

I never feel tired or sleepy, it is like my mind won't feel any tired of any kind at all. I don't think I would say I feel wired.

Melatonin and sleep aids/tea don't seem to do anything. I haven't felt drowsy since this started.

Right now I have luckily trained my body to sleep, but it can only do so at a certain time.

I am sick with a terrible cold. Before I would have slept all day. Now I feel worn but that is it. Even with a cold I can not sleep.

I can't taper right now because I am in a very bad state.

Can this resolve even if I'm still on a benzo? (I have not started to taper that)

Is how I am feeling in regards to tired normal? Or is it that people still get tired but can't sleep?

I read Theway saying supplements won't work. Is this because we can not feel the tired even if we are? They gave me remeron but that made everything worse and did not touch sleep.

Unfortunately not much short of another Rx drug will help you with sleep while you are still on a Benzo.

Melatonin, sleep aids and teas are not going to work because they cannot heal nor get past the Temporary damage caused to your GABA receptors from Benzo use.

You've reached tolerance and that is why you can't sleep and don't feel tired.  It doesn't matter if you don't feel "wired" either.  But what most people mean is that their

brain is "wired" or awake even though they feel tired or even exhausted.  it's not like the energy you feel after drinking some caffeine.  You described it perfectly when you said "my mind won't feel any tired of any kind at all."  So basically, feeling wired means your mind is always awake and alert and that is what Benzos do to your brain chemistry by down regulating GABA receptors and GABA receptors are what makes you calm and relaxed so you can sleep.  Right now, Glutamate,  or the receptors that make you active and alert, are ruling the days and nights.  Normally GABA and Glutamate balance each other so one doesn't over take the other, but the Benzos you are still on temporarily knocked GABA out of the equation, so now Glutamate is doing it's active and alert thing day and night.

A cold can exacerbate symptoms while on Benzos or in tolerance WD.

Everything you are feeling is completely "normal" given your circumstances.

I wish I had better news, but until you are completely off of the Benzos, your body/brain will not be able to heal much, if at all?

Good luck!

Thank you so much Theway

You answered many of my questions

I understand but I got my WD from remeron and not the benzo. I just happened to be on the benzo and was not in tolerance. Does that still mean I can't heal. I'm not strong enough to taper and if I can't taper then I can't heal? Does remeron cause sleep problems differently from the benzo?

Your sig says>>>

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

How long have you been taking the Bupropion? It can be stimulating. Was the inability to sleep the reason for starting the remeron or was the remeron detox the cause for the insomnia? If you are not tolerant to the klonopin, it should not have too much of a negative impact on your sleep imo even tho tolerance to the sedative effects from benzos happens fairly quickly. I was on klonopin for over 11 years. It did not help me to sleep but it also did not interfere with me being unable to sleep. I took it for anxiety and panic, not for insomnia.

What did you start taking the K for?

edit: grammar correction 4/04/22  5:52PM US EST

I was on the K for anxiety. The first few times I took the remeron it had a paradox effect and since then I have a hard time eating and sleeping

I have been on Bupropion for about a year. By the time they put me on the K they had gave it to me so much it didn't work but they told me to keep taking it any way.

Should I be afraid?

You said>>>

The first few times I took the remeron it had a paradox effect and since then I have a hard time eating and sleeping

How long has this been now? Prior to the remeron, were you sleeping ok?