2 months quit anxiety

[Do...]

It's been two months since I quit restoril.  I am still having anxiety and want pills, but can't get any.  I have been off alcohol for 2 weeks.

I am still having anxiety.  I panicked two days ago. I had a medical thing happen.  I feel I can't make it without the pills.  I need them for anxiety.  If I drink I can't think.  I need to get a job? But it is hard as I quit my last job because I ran out of pills and bac k pain.

You're in the recovery phase Dom81, it takes a long time to heal from our benzo use but the longer you stay away, the better you'll feel.  Sure, you'll still have anxiety but it will be the normal stuff, not the extreme anxiety this process produces so hang in there and be proud you've gotten off of the medication. 

Thanks I am glad I am not a slave to all the doctorscand pharmacies any more.  O been sleeping better with no traz and sometimes no sleepeeze and melatonin.  Icwuot drinking for 3 weeks because the alcohol makes me not feel well wish the panic would Go

Yep, you never have to worry about taking that pill again, you're not a slave to it or anyone, you're free and one of these days you're going to feel so much better.  It looks like you've found some things that work for you, so glad you gave up the alcohol, this will speed your recovery right along.

Dom81, way to go on the progress you've made!  I know you are still uncomfortable but I can already hear a difference in you!!    :thumbsup:

Thanks everybody having a bit of insomnia and anxiety.  O woke up at 3am and can't sleep.

I didn't get to sleep until 11.  I interviewed for a new job.

Keep it up.. , dont ever get back to pills (benzos or hypnotics) keep it up each time you wil feel better..

just remembering you to avoid drinking as much as you can because it has a price to pay with increased symptoms after ...you know.. With moderation i dont think it will prevent your healing, just delay..

and a waning with antibiotics and corticosteroids it may or may not cause setbacks

thats progress keep it up

Its great you interviewed for a new job, you're stepping back into your life!  Remember that stress can increase symptoms so if you feel a bit worse because you're taking these steps just accept this is part of recovery and as you heal you'll be able to handle everything much better.

A job interview is such progress - way to go Dom!  Like Pam said, you are moving along with your life which is a sure sign that recovery is happening for you.

Thanks for your replies.  I managed to go back to sleep at 4am.

I got a job as a cashier today- someone going to try me out.

I quit drinking for 3 or 4 weeks.  Still miss pill But no doctors I know will prescribe them.  I am glad the doctors won't give them

Your post brought a huge smile to my face Dom81, I'm so pleased to hear you got the job!  You've come such a long way, you're standing on your own two feet and you're building a life for yourself, I'm so happy for you.  :thumbsup: