Author Topic: 2 months quit anxiety  (Read 485 times)

[Buddie]

2 months quit anxiety
« on: April 03, 2022, 08:45:59 pm »
It's been two months since I quit restoril.  I am still having anxiety and want pills, but can't get any.  I have been off alcohol for 2 weeks.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 2 months quit anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 02:27:20 pm »
I am still having anxiety.  I panicked two days ago. I had a medical thing happen.  I feel I can't make it without the pills.  I need them for anxiety.  If I drink I can't think.  I need to get a job? But it is hard as I quit my last job because I ran out of pills and bac k pain.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 11:25:14 pm »
You're in the recovery phase [...], it takes a long time to heal from our benzo use but the longer you stay away, the better you'll feel.  Sure, you'll still have anxiety but it will be the normal stuff, not the extreme anxiety this process produces so hang in there and be proud you've gotten off of the medication. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 08:24:00 pm »
Thanks I am glad I am not a slave to all the doctorscand pharmacies any more.  O been sleeping better with no traz and sometimes no sleepeeze and melatonin.  Icwuot drinking for 3 weeks because the alcohol makes me not feel well wish the panic would Go

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 08:31:22 pm »
Yep, you never have to worry about taking that pill again, you're not a slave to it or anyone, you're free and one of these days you're going to feel so much better.  It looks like you've found some things that work for you, so glad you gave up the alcohol, this will speed your recovery right along.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 10:45:23 pm »
Yeah I am free from the pills, doctors, and pharmacies. 
Just got to beat anxiety and insomnia now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 11:35:33 pm »
[...], way to go on the progress you've made!  I know you are still uncomfortable but I can already hear a difference in you!!    :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 09:50:23 am »
Well done dom! Keep it up, you sound a lot more positve.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 10:19:44 am »
Thanks everybody having a bit of insomnia and anxiety.  O woke up at 3am and can't sleep.
I didn't get to sleep until 11.  I interviewed for a new job.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 10:27:00 am »
Keep it up.. , dont ever get back to pills (benzos or hypnotics) keep it up each time you wil feel better..

just remembering you to avoid drinking as much as you can because it has a price to pay with increased symptoms after ...you know.. With moderation i dont think it will prevent your healing, just delay..

and a waning with antibiotics and corticosteroids it may or may not cause setbacks

thats progress keep it up