Hydrochlorothiazide

[Ha...]

Hi all,

So I've finally given in and seen my doctor about this head pressure as it's been bad and I've started experiencing nosebleeds. She's prescribed Hydrochlorothiazide, but I'm not sure I'm going to take it. I've done a search and I can't find anyone that's had a setback from it but the search button isn't exactly great. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I've got absolutely no faith in this doctor, as she was the 1 that got me into this mess but I've contacted 4 others who aren't taking new patients. I haven't seen her in nearly 2 years and when I said I was still having problems she prescribed me Valium!!! FFS whats wrong with these people.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback

edit: don't worry, I've decided against it. I might try some herbal options.

Hydrochlorothiazide is used for the management of blood pressure.  What has your blood pressure been running?  What was it when you went to the doctor?

I understand your concern about another medication but controlling blood pressure is important for lots of reasons - protecting the health of your heart and stroke prevention to name a couple.  I also had to start BP medication recently and I was dismayed about a new med but the potential long-term risk of not taking something isn't appealing either.

Hydrochlorothiazide is used for the management of blood pressure.  What has your blood pressure been running?  What was it when you went to the doctor?

I understand your concern about another medication but controlling blood pressure is important for lots of reasons - protecting the health of your heart and stroke precention to name a couple.  I also had to start BP medication recently and I was dismayed about a new med but the potential long-term alternative or not taking something isn't appealing either.

Hi Kate,

She actually said that it was slightly high and I don't medication. But due to head pressure and nose bleeds a low dose may help, she prescribed 1/2 a 25mg. I'm going to wait a while and have decided to try and find a neurologist. I've wanted to see one from the start of this mess, but kept getting told I had anxiety, lost my job and disability won't pay. I lost hope and stopped seeing doctors for a long time, but theres definitely something not right. Surely there's a neurologist somewhere that has some sort of a clue

I take 12.5 mg of Hctz for over 10 years for HBP and have no side effects that I have noticed. Keep check on your blood pressure because some Doctors idea of a "little high" may be actually high. :thumbsup:

PG

[a7...]
I used to take it but it caused photosensitivity and the skin on my legs would turn a horrible reddish purple color when exposed to the sun….I guess that’s one of the possible side effects.