Bess needs help - endep/amitriptiline

[Sh...]

Hey guys our friend Bess is having a hard time since her concussion and is asking for peoples experience with this med.

I am absolutely not the person to ask as I had a horrific time on it, but if anyone was helped by it would like to hear ur experience of it so I can pass it on to Bess?

She is suffering from dizziness and DP/dr.

ThNks in advance

Hi Shayna!

I don't know Bess, but I, too, have had awful experiences with amitriptyline. I won't go near that stuff. Is she trying to get off it? Or wondering if she should go on it?

Hope she's ok ...

Hello x

Bess is a member here but too unwell to post.

She’s thinking of going on it. Well, I think she is just desperate for some relief.

Thanks for ur input. X

I really had an awful time on amitriptyline..It actually caused more problems than benzos....But we are all different I guess...I would just rule out the pros and cons of it and proceed cautiously IMO...

It's similar to the AD that set me back in a bad way. Accept amitriptyline has more side effects apparently. I didn't think that was possible!!

Some people do benefit from them though

Thanks guys. Yeah my experience on it was terrible too bex. I had every side effect on the list and it was the start of my eye problem. They can cause glaucoma.

I mentioned ur setback mare, I thought it was endep.

I hope she doesn’t go on it I’ve certainly told her it’s bad news and I’ll send ur responses to her too x

I know ads can help but this particular one I feel is a hard pass!

I took one dose of amitriptyline years ago, before I knew anything about antidepressants.  Whao - I was wrecked the next day.  I threw the remainder of the bottle away.  Amitriptyline is an older antidepressant that was out before the newer SSRIs were developed and had better, safer side effect profiles. 

[d2...]

Shayna

Amitriptiline is the drug they give people with headaches/migraines/pain as it can help with the pain for those people.

But this typically can be a disaster for benzo patients.

Even my dr who supposed to be an expert in benzo wd, knows nothing really, said that this would be bad for me.

It’s too excitatory.

We are so individual, it’s too hard to know.

It’s a very personal decision she has to make.

Tell her I’m very sorry about her concussion.

Those symptoms will be hard to take and can mirror benzo wd.

Hope you’re doing well

Winnie

• 3 weeks later...