Author Topic: Bess needs help - endep/amitriptiline  (Read 327 times)

[Buddie]

Bess needs help - endep/amitriptiline
« on: April 02, 2022, 04:16:36 am »
Hey guys our friend Bess is having a hard time since her concussion and is asking for peoples experience with this med.

I am absolutely not the person to ask as I had a horrific time on it, but if anyone was helped by it would like to hear ur experience of it so I can pass it on to Bess?

She is suffering from dizziness and DP/dr.

ThNks in advance
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Bess needs help - endep/amitriptiline
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 04:20:40 am »
Hi [...]!

I don't know Bess, but I, too, have had awful experiences with amitriptyline. I won't go near that stuff. Is she trying to get off it? Or wondering if she should go on it?

Hope she's ok ...
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 04:55:52 am »
Hello x

Bess is a member here but too unwell to post.

Sheís thinking of going on it. Well, I think she is just desperate for some relief.

Thanks for ur input. X

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 10:19:11 am »
I really had an awful time on amitriptyline..It actually caused more problems than benzos....But we are all different I guess...I would just rule out the pros and cons of it and proceed cautiously IMO...

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 10:30:43 am »
It's similar to the AD that set me back in a bad way. Accept amitriptyline has more side effects apparently. I didn't think that was possible!!

Some people do benefit from them though

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 08:05:00 pm »
Thanks guys. Yeah my experience on it was terrible too [...]. I had every side effect on the list and it was the start of my eye problem. They can cause glaucoma.

I mentioned ur setback mare, I thought it was endep.

I hope she doesnít go on it Iíve certainly told her itís bad news and Iíll send ur responses to her too x

I know ads can help but this particular one I feel is a hard pass!

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 08:41:11 pm »
I took one dose of amitriptyline years ago, before I knew anything about antidepressants.  Whao - I was wrecked the next day.  I threw the remainder of the bottle away.  Amitriptyline is an older antidepressant that was out before the newer SSRIs were developed and had better, safer side effect profiles. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 11:21:35 pm »
[...]

Amitriptiline is the drug they give people with headaches/migraines/pain as it can help with the pain for those people.

But this typically can be a disaster for benzo patients.
Even my dr who supposed to be an expert in benzo [...], knows nothing really, said that this would be bad for me.
Itís too excitatory.

We are so individual, itís too hard to know.
Itís a very personal decision she has to make.

Tell her Iím very sorry about her concussion.
Those symptoms will be hard to take and can mirror benzo [...].

Hope youíre doing well

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 07:19:37 pm »
Thanks girls. I think sheís decided against it . Iím greatful for ur feedback xx