Almost done with valium taper down fron 150mg to 1.2mg

[Mo...]

Hello guys and girls.

Im currently almost done with my taper,

Been on 150mg valium (diazepam) a day for a year before i wanted to quit.

Im now 6 months in and im down from 150mg to 1.2mg a day,

I have had some rought weeks but last few weeks have been suprisingly easy, hope i dont jinx it now :P

But i was wondering, i had a rough time until i was under 2mg

I have been dropping my dose every week, my pharmacy made capsules containing 0.2mg valium, every week i take 1 less.

So as i stated above i am currently on 1.2 mg a day since yesterday. I was wondering when i should take the jump.

I dont wanna jump to early but i also dont wanna stretch it longer then i have to,  i was thinking bout stopping when im stabilized on 0.4 mg would that be safe? I read ashton manual and it says almost everybody did oke jumping of at 1mg.

But i also read some post on this forum stated they had to go all the way down to 0.01 before jumping off, because last weeks have been so easy im wondering if it would be a problem, i dont want to underestimate this but i dont know i have a good feeling about it, does anyone has some tips for me? Or can tell me about their experience when jumping of benzos( diazepam)

Wow, congrats on all the progress you've made with you taper - way to go Moskovich0478!  Where to jump is a question that comes up frequently here and there aren't any hard and fast rules on this.  It is nice that Ashton gives her recommendations, though.

I'll share my experience.  I was on clonazepam 3mg/day and I jumped at 0.25mg after tapering for 6 months.  I wasn't entirely confident that I had gone low enough and after a couple of days of intense anxiety, I reinstated and tapered to 0.01mg.  I felt much more confident jumping at this dose and did fine.  I do understand your not wanting to drag things out but my suggestion is to jump at a dose that you feel reasonably condfident is low enough.

Sounds like you don't need any help. Congrats!!! Don't go back on in the future, because the next time it probably won't be so easy.