Switching benzo

[Na...]

My concern for you was that you might not have known that crossing to another benzo may not provide the relief you're looking for but if you're aware then I'm relieved.

I've heard each benzo feels different from the others, I can see where this would be uncomfortable but if you've reached the end of your rope with Clonazepam then I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work.  Your 3 mgs sounds like a good first step, which dose will you substitute in your next step or do you plan to completely eliminate the nighttime dose of Clonazepam?

I was hoping maybe the Valium would help with interdose withdrawal. Do you think it can?

If not than should I just stay on the clonazepam? I'm not getting any relief from my anxiety at all for 2 years now!  Since starting taper my appetite is real bad and I'm already underweight and malnourished, getting scared about not eating. This week I've averaged about 500 calories a day. Not sure what to do. Should I even be doing this if my original anxiety is not manageable? I don't know if I can make it through this long taper with as weak and fall as I am.

I was suppose to see new psychiatrist March 17th but because I had seen a different psychiatrist that works out of the same office back when all this started in 2020 he said I would need to see her that he wouldn't let me switch doctors even though she told me she didn't know what to do for me. So after a lot of looking I did find a psychiatrist that works with addiction, not benzo  specific but hopefully this doctor can work with me.

Do you think I should stop the Valium until I see her next week incase she doesn't want to give me Valium?

I believe it can help with interdose and I didn't mean to introduce more doubt but I'm concerned about your weight loss and the state of your health.  I'm also concerned you won't be able to get the Valium you need to complete your taper, I'm not sure if you ever told us how much you have on hand.

Professor Ashton mentioned its better to begin a taper when you're stable and it seems like you're far from that.  Have you given any thought to going up in dose, do you think it would help you get some weight back on and give you a break from your anxiety?  Its probably a good idea to wait to make anymore changes until you see the new doctor.

If you'd like input from people who have experience with Valium crossovers maybe you could ask the question on the  Valium Support Group thread.

My concern for you was that you might not have known that crossing to another benzo may not provide the relief you're looking for but if you're aware then I'm relieved.

I've heard each benzo feels different from the others, I can see where this would be uncomfortable but if you've reached the end of your rope with Clonazepam then I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work.  Your 3 mgs sounds like a good first step, which dose will you substitute in your next step or do you plan to completely eliminate the nighttime dose of Clonazepam?

I was hoping maybe the Valium would help with interdose withdrawal. Do you think it can?

If not than should I just stay on the clonazepam? I'm not getting any relief from my anxiety at all for 2 years now!  Since starting taper my appetite is real bad and I'm already underweight and malnourished, getting scared about not eating. This week I've averaged about 500 calories a day. Not sure what to do. Should I even be doing this if my original anxiety is not manageable? I don't know if I can make it through this long taper with as weak and fall as I am.

I was suppose to see new psychiatrist March 17th but because I had seen a different psychiatrist that works out of the same office back when all this started in 2020 he said I would need to see her that he wouldn't let me switch doctors even though she told me she didn't know what to do for me. So after a lot of looking I did find a psychiatrist that works with addiction, not benzo  specific but hopefully this doctor can work with me.

Do you think I should stop the Valium until I see her next week incase she doesn't want to give me Valium?

I believe it can help with interdose and I didn't mean to introduce more doubt but I'm concerned about your weight loss and the state of your health.  I'm also concerned you won't be able to get the Valium you need to complete your taper, I'm not sure if you ever told us how much you have on hand.

Professor Ashton mentioned its better to begin a taper when you're stable and it seems like you're far from that.  Have you given any thought to going up in dose, do you think it would help you get some weight back on and give you a break from your anxiety?  Its probably a good idea to wait to make anymore changes until you see the new doctor.

If you'd like input from people who have experience with Valium crossovers maybe you could ask the question on the  Valium Support Group thread.

Good points, but if she is suffering from a bit of clinical depression, updosing wouldn't help. I hope this new doc can assess her for that.

I wasn't getting any relief when I was at my max dose over the last year and a half so I don't know if up dosing will help. What do you think pamster?

Good points, but if she is suffering from a bit of clinical depression, updosing wouldn't help. I hope this new doc can assess her for that.

Never suffered from depression until lately and I think that's coming from all this causing agoraphobia. I am not use to sitting home, I have always been active and busy until my brain flipped on me. I am going on 61 and can't believe I have to go through all this. I know if I tell the new doc I'm depressed she's going to try and put me on antidepressants and I had 2 bad experiences with ssri last year and I'm already on too many drugs. What's bad is I'm stuck taking mirtazapine and I have been on it before and built a tolerance so it does nothing for me at all.

I know a member who has paused their benzo withdrawal in order to taper the Mirtazapine, would that be something you'd like to look into? 

I know a member who has paused their benzo withdrawal in order to taper the Mirtazapine, would that be something you'd like to look into?

Not sure what to do as far as that goes. I think I'll see what this new psychiatrist has to say.