Author Topic: Switching benzo  (Read 771 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Crossover help
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 03:10:22 pm »
My crossover from K to V was a failure. Not sure I'd bother with it. Liquid microtaper off K may be better.

I'm not sure it'll help but I'm in such tolerance I thought maybe by switching I might get some relief from this anxiety.
How did inpatient go for you? Well you let me know if you think you suffered more by doing inpatient. I just don't know if I can do this slow taper. Before starting taper I have been in I guess what's called tolerance withdrawal for almost two years of being agoraphobia, bedridden and so full of anxiety like I've never felt before and that was while I was taking my regular dose. Been thinking rehab.
Another reason for trying to switch is trying to figure out these cuts is making me crazy. ..how do you do a liquid taper on k?

They'll safely rip you off the drug in a matter of days then send you home to suffer, rehabs/detoxes can't protect you from the pain of recovery, they can only eliminate the drug.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 08:11:10 pm »
My crossover from K to V was a failure. Not sure I'd bother with it. Liquid microtaper off K may be better.

I'm not sure it'll help but I'm in such tolerance I thought maybe by switching I might get some relief from this anxiety.
How did inpatient go for you? Well you let me know if you think you suffered more by doing inpatient. I just don't know if I can do this slow taper. Before starting taper I have been in I guess what's called tolerance withdrawal for almost two years of being agoraphobia, bedridden and so full of anxiety like I've never felt before and that was while I was taking my regular dose. Been thinking rehab.
Another reason for trying to switch is trying to figure out these cuts is making me crazy. ..how do you do a liquid taper on k?

They'll safely rip you off the drug in a matter of days then send you home to suffer, rehabs/detoxes can't protect you from the pain of recovery, they can only eliminate the drug.

I agree. Community dextox/addiction rehab facilities tend to not provide comprehensive mental health care. I had mine done at Johns Hopkins psych service where I had a ton on psych support. I went home actually feeling better than when I was admitted before they rapid tapered me (still felt lousy though).
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 05:02:30 am »

Why did it fail? I started doing the crossover 2 days ago, but am worried it won't work and I'll have lost this time doing this instead of doing another taper cut. I also hear Valium can cause depression and that worries me especially when all this is causing depression.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 05:17:37 am »
Here is the link to the site with info about benzo-wise docs:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/

I do remember looking at that now. There wasn't any in Arizona except one that is a life coach. I have searched and called places trying to find someone with benzo experience but no luck. Been seeing a psychiatric nurse practitioner for 6 months but we don't seem to get along well. Everything's I disagree with her she gets upset. Tried to mention the Ashton manual to her and she wanted nothing to do with it or the taper schedule.  I really need to find someone quick especially if I already am trying the crossover method.

[Buddie]

Switching benzo
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 06:07:03 am »
I have decided to try and crossover from clonazepam to Valium since I am in total misery with the clonazepam being in tolerance withdrawal. This is my second night and seems to be going kind of okay.
Has anyone had success crossing over and did it help with symptoms?

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 12:22:16 pm »

I do worry about hearing that Valium can cause depression as I already am depressed. What's your thought on switching? Just looking for a little relief

I'd like to talk about this statement so I can get a better idea of why you're interested in switching to Valium. 

Edit: I see you've started taking Valium, how much have you taken so far and are you making the switch because you think it will be easier or you're dealing with interdose withdrawal?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 01:53:21 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 01:50:54 pm »

Why did it fail? I started doing the crossover 2 days ago, but am worried it won't work and I'll have lost this time doing this instead of doing another taper cut. I also hear Valium can cause depression and that worries me especially when all this is causing depression.

Thats what it seemed to do to me. I was going down the tubes anyway, not sure how much of a difference it made. The important thing is that K has a fairly long half life. Not sure there benefit for K to V, as there would be X to V.

[Buddie]

Re: Switching benzo
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 02:10:20 pm »
I have decided to try and crossover from clonazepam to Valium since I am in total misery with the clonazepam being in tolerance withdrawal. This is my second night and seems to be going kind of okay.

I merged your new post in with your other thread because it's better to have your taper history in one thread.

Crossing over to Valium won't help with symptoms, you'll still feel everything you do with the Clonazepam, it can help with interdose withdrawal, have you had issues with interdose?

Crossing over to Valium will come with challenges I wanted to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2022, 06:21:34 am »

I merged your new post in with your other thread because it's better to have your taper history in one thread.

Crossing over to Valium won't help with symptoms, you'll still feel everything you do with the Clonazepam, it can help with interdose withdrawal, have you had issues with interdose?

Crossing over to Valium will come with challenges I wanted to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.
This is my story in a nutshell
I was dosing clonazepam four times a day and still having terrible anxiety between doses. I can't get my anxiety under control at all! I thought maybe the Valium would help the anxiety? I was put on this drug in 2016 when I moved my younger brother in with me as he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He was an alcoholic when I moved him in and that was difficult. He had terrible mood disorders which made it hard on me. He would start fights with me and get angry then we'd end up arguing. We had a lot of good times too during his last few years. He made it three years before dying in my arms. During the 3 years of taking care of him I was also running my own candle business sling at 4 markets a week.

Even though my life was crazy then I still want taking my full dose of 1.5mg most days I didn't even take it during the day only at night. Then right after that the pandemic hit which I seemed to be fine with then all of a sudden in august 2020 it seemed like I woke up and my life turned upside down. Severe anxiety like I've never experienced before, onset of sudden agoraphobia and no emotions! I don't know if the clonazepam did it to me or what, but ever since then my life has not been the same, can't drive, cook, pay bills, my husband is running my business, I became 100% non functional just like that. I then started taking clonazepam on full dose at 1.5mg.  Did end up cutting. 25 back then because my doctor said she didn't know how much longer she could prescribe them even though she had been giving them to me regularly without ever telling me about long term effects so I got scared and tried getting of them not knowing about tapering or nothing. Anxiety was so bad that I stayed at 1.25 never going back up.

At this same time my doctor tried adding on Buspar which I had a terrible reaction to or seratonin syndrome I don't know which but I was on the floot shaking, hot and cold sweats, vomiting, you name it. Should have good to ER but it was in the crazy pandemic. All I know is I'm 61 next week always been an active, creative person and then all of a sudden I don't know who I am. Before you could never get me to show down now I can't even get out of bed.
I'm afraid I'm in such bad withdrawal not even being to make it an hour a day without anxiety, benzo does nothing. I don't know if after what I've already been through if I have it in me to continue on a slow taper. I really feel like I need of these asap.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2022, 12:59:52 pm »
Thank you for giving us more information, I can see how terrified and miserable you are.  I'd like to discuss some options with you but first could you tell me what Valium doses you've taken so far along with how much Klonopin you've taken, I'd like to know what your proposed crossover schedule looks like.