5 days lorazepam .25 mg per day - taper or no?

[Be...]

Hi, I took lorazepam for 5 days at a low dose (approximately .25 mg/day) after a very, very stressful life event that led to me not being able to sleep for 3 days straight.

Do you guys think that I need to taper from this dose / length of use?

How did your taper from Valium go in 2020, did you experience symptoms and is the first time you've used benzo's again since that time?

How did your taper from Valium go in 2020, did you experience symptoms and is the first time you've used benzo's again since that time?

I didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms before and its the first time I've used them since 2020. I hope to never use them again!

You might be one of those people who can get off these drugs without much difficulty.  If you stop it now you'll probably know fairly soon if you're going to experience symptoms and if you do you could do a rapid taper but hopefully you won't have to.

You might be one of those people who can get off these drugs without much difficulty.  If you stop it now you'll probably know fairly soon if you're going to experience symptoms and if you do you could do a rapid taper but hopefully you won't have to.

Thanks for the input. I'm planning on just quitting and hoping for the best.