Finally ate more, but lost weight?

[Th...]

For the last 3 months I have only been able to eat around a 1000 cal. Happily I kept my underweight body stable and it did not drop. I the past 3 days I ate around 1800 cal, but went down a pound?

What did I do wrong?

For the last 3 months I have only been able to eat around a 1000 cal. Happily I kept my underweight body stable and it did not drop. I the past 3 days I ate around 1800 cal, but went down a pound?

What did I do wrong?

What are you mostly eating and drinking?

Weight fluctuates daily, you should not get weighed more than once per week. Keep up with your higher calorie diet and just get weighed each week. You will put weight on unless you are being more active and burning more calories

Thanks joe

I appreciate the response.

I have to eat the same things every day because of my many food intolerances/Bad reactions.

I'm eating a 1200 calorie gluten/dairy free pizza. Two bananas about 100 calorie each. Bowl of gluten free cereal with milk which is about 200 calorie.

Sometimes I can get in some potato soup 400 calorie. Or another bowl of cereal.

I drink water.

I almost doubled my calorie intake, so I am quite confused.

This is only the 4/5 day I have been able to eat this much. I do weigh myself often. I just can't weight for that extra few pounds to show. But maybe I have been expecting too much too quickly?

For now I will be content that I can keep my weight stable. But wow, this takes time.

Yes to more protein if you can.

And yes weight fluctuates by a few pounds all the time. You didn't t do anything wrong at all! Our bodies hold different amounts of water weight ALL the time. When I was really underweight I weighed myself a lot too, because I was scared of dropping more weight, but I realized you just can't. Keep eating and trying to increase and only weigh 1 time a week:)

Good job by the way getting in more calories! Yay for you :)

Rule of thumb = multiply calories X100 for the weight you'd like to maintain. For example, 140 LBS = 140 X100 =  1400 calories per day.

How much do you weigh Stitch?

Its an old English proverb  means that if you do not rush or if you avoid being too hasty, then eventually you will achieve your goal - in other words, be patient.