Heading into month 10. Just came back to say hello x

[Sh...]

Hi team,

About to hit another milestone. 2 years off ADs, 18 months off zopiclone and 10 months off Valium.

No changes for me with heart or sleep. I’ve had alot of heart tests lately…I wore a monitor for a week and there is something wrong with my heart. So may need an ablation to stop the Palps. We’ll see. Im over it so I’m getting help for it.

One huge change is I’m mentally I’d say 90% back to normal. I’ve spent some time away from here because sometimes it’s just too sad and I’m feeling fatigued from constant positive talk tbh! I get angry about all this suffering. I don’t have it in me to prop myself up half the time so can’t do it for anyone else. I know we all feel like that after so long being sick x

I think about u all a lot and hope u are doing as well as u can x

Chase after those windows. X I drag myself thru them these days. Im not waiting for them to appear on their own anymore. I’m tired of waiting.

Keep fighting x

I am so happy to hear from you, Shayna, the good, the bad, and the never and ever changing BWD!!  I had to have an ablation about seven years ago, and it was probably the easiest surgery to have and to recover from.  Plus, my doctor is a real cutie and makes my heart flutter in a good way each time I see him!!!!  I have been having some fluttering recently, but my Kardia shows that I am not in Afib……probably just another withdrawal gift.  I just celebrated, and I use that term lightly, my two year anniversary from Valium, but still having some headaches, which now do disappear for long periods of time, so that is a positive.

Thanks for checking in…..I have missed you and your bad butt humor.

Healing hugs,

GG

Nawww GG  :smitten: congratulations on 2 years! It’s hard to believe so much time has passed, but I’m sure u will agree, when u were still tapering I’m sure u had moments when u thought u would never get off, I know I did. So even tho we aren’t 100% it sure feels good to know so much time has passed! So proud of u x

Thanks for the reassurance about the ablation. There was some talk of a pacemaker  :- but I’m glad that’s not going to happen now. My heart rate isn’t slow enuf. The wait lists are long now coz of Covid. I’m sure many more heart patients after Covid Related stuff also all elective surgeries pushed back so it may take a while but I’ll be glad to get it done. The Palps really are difficult to live with.

I’m so glad ur headaches aren’t as bad! That’s such a win! Even small improvements mean so much don’t they!

I’ve been thinking a lot about my book buddies lately. I am onto my 4th Kristin Hannah in a row now, and never would have heard of her if it wasn’t for u gals x

Love to u GG xxxx

And love coming back to you.  BTW, a pacemaker was mentioned early on in the decision making process, but happily my doctor decided I was a good candidate for an ablation, which neither of us has ever regretted.  Good luck!

GG

Shayna!!  Yay for 10 months! I’m at 8! I understand exactly what you mean with staying off of here because it’s fatigues your energy at times and not wanting to be reminded of the fight and struggle of being sick through it all! I’m hanging in there. I’m doing much better. I still feel withdrawls now and again and I chase the windows as well. I’m grateful to be off the shit! I have to have foot surgery soon and I’m really nervous about the anesthesia and being put under. My foot surgeon is going to make sure no benzos or anything benzo related is used at all. He was appalled when I told him how and why I was prescribed Xanax (for a muscle relaxer) and how brutal and long the taper was. He doesn’t want to do anything he said to put me backwards at all. But……I’m still nervous! I’ll be thinking about you with your heart surgery. I’m sorry you have to go through that too. I miss being on here with your humor and positive upbeat funny things you say. I still think about you when I wash my hair with my eleven shampoo! Lol Hang in there you awesome wonder from down under!!  :)

Congratulations Shayna on being 10 months free!!!  Been missing you on here but understand completely.  I'm sorry that you need to have surgery I'm sure it will help you to feel much better.

Hang in there  :smitten:

:hug: Congrats on 10 months Shayna  :hug: Sorry  to hear about your heart issues, hopefully this will be the answer  :thumbsup: and at least surgery is not another pill to take.

I'm over pills but on more now than ever thanks to Graves  ::) what a bummer, sick and tired of being sick and tired  :hug:

Hope your family are doing well  :hug:

Thanks girls for the support x miss u guys too!

I think about u all the time x

One day I’m hopeful this will all be behind us. Until then we just have to keep on chugging along x

I’m off to gym. It’s still dark here. Ugh. I miss summer when the suns up early x