Author Topic: Anxiety and Panic attacks years later  (Read 521 times)

[Buddie]

Anxiety and Panic attacks years later
« on: March 26, 2022, 10:06:56 am »
Been off benzos for years now thank goodness. However my anxiety and Panic attacks seem to still stick around. Anyone find any help with panic attacks? I've tried delta 8 gummies (which seem to work) but was looking into other things as well. Thanks!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Anxiety and Panic attacks years later
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 12:08:59 am »
Did you suffer from anxiety and panic before you started benzo's?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 05:43:55 am »
I wish I knew of something that might help you [...]. 4 years is a long time off benzos so the panic and anxiety you're experiencing are probably no longer benzo w/d induced.

Do you exercise or meditate? My panic has actually calmed down over the years as I have gotten older. My main issue is the GAD or that constant feeling of just being anxious and feeling tense and uneasy all day w/o culminating in a panic attack.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 10:22:44 pm »
Did you suffer from anxiety and panic before you started benzo's?
No I didn't have them. I was loaded up on adhd meds. I think I'm just an anxious person now. Mostly health anxiety. Been hitting me hard these past months. Giving up

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 12:00:08 am »
Are you on any new medications, supplements, any new stress or health issues?

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 07:44:11 am »
Niacinamide also known as vitamin B3 is known to have benzodiazepine like effects, without the dependent properties of benzos. It gives me the feeling as if I'm taking 5 mg of valium, when taking 500 mg of niacinamide as a tablet. It's very healthy according to Dr. Ray Peat. Google "niacinamide ray peat" to learn more. Niacinamide is very cheap as a supplement.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 02:49:06 pm »
Niacinamide also known as vitamin B3 is known to have benzodiazepine like effects, without the dependent properties of benzos. It gives me the feeling as if I'm taking 5 mg of valium, when taking 500 mg of niacinamide as a tablet. It's very healthy according to Dr. Ray Peat. Google "niacinamide ray peat" to learn more. Niacinamide is very cheap as a supplement.

Wow, glad this helps you. I have tried taking Niacinamide. Does nothing for me unfortunately---

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 01:19:46 pm »
Try CBT or ACT. Sorry, it doesn't matter if you had it before. It is what you have in this moment. This is the non-drug route.