Xanax to liquid lorazepam

[re...]

I've discussed it in another thread, but since last Sunday I've developed very bad swallowing issues. The most I can get down is little sips of water and liquid meal replacements, which means I just can't swallow xanax anymore. I tried crushing and diluting one dose of 0.125 but it came on too quickly, made me dizzy, feel high in a bad way and numbed my tongue, so I ended up calling an ambulance. I could not get in touch with my psychiatrist (he's hard to get hold of even during emergencies) and I won't get to speak to him until the 30th.

The gp I spoke to suggest crossing over directly to liquid lorazepam which I can buy in the morning, no taper from xanax since I cannot swallow for an equivalent dose of 0.75 taken as 0.375 twice daily since the half life of lorazepam lasts longer. I have taken lorazepam in the past, before trying xanax my psych gave me lorazepam but back then I found that it just wouldn't sedate me properly.

I haven't taken a xanax dose since yesterday at 1.30 pm (it's now 4.40 am, I've slept 4 hours with mirtazapine but that's about it. I feel like since I simply can't swallow the pill, I have no choice other than crossover. Is it going to make me feel awful? From what I'm reading it seems so, but then again if I have to be completely honest the xanax is making me feel pretty rotten, too. I haven't taken a xanax dose and actually felt good in months.

Please help.

redvi, I'm sorry you haven't gotten any replies.  I wasn't clear on your post - so far you haven't taken xanax since the 26th at 130pm and you haven't taken the liquid lorazepam either?

I managed to take 0.25 daily with a lot of effort because I cannot swallow. I'm having awful withdrawal symptoms that even taking a new dose barely scratches. The lorazepam didn't arrive yet so I'm stuck like this. I even went to A&E yesterday night and they couldn't do anything