Insomnia not getting better

[...]

I’ve discovered something about myself and this insomnia. I’m found that I’m not really anxious about not sleeping. I usually go to bed mostly relaxed. My fear is about the next day after a zero night or a a night of only getting a couple of hours. The next day is miserable and all I can think about is how exhausted my body and brain are. No matter what I try to do to distract myself. Is it like this for anybody else?

Xray...that is exactly how I felt..however, the odd thing was is that on some days after a night of zero perceived sleep, I actually felt better than some nights when I got a few hours of sleep.  It's hard to ignore how your body feels the next day for sure, but those days are numbered. You might not believe this now, but one day you will.

My bigger fear was how would I function at work the next day?  I'm an IT guy, so most of the day I sit behind a computer. I actually did a lot better than I thought I would and didn't make any major mistakes. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Th...]

• [He...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are all different but my sleep never returned..I was off almost 3 years when I finally went back on my cannabis gummies which I microdose at night only.. I was nearly seriously insane from the lack of sleep .. I was not going to live like that for the rest of my life.. 0-2 hours may be ok for some of you but years like that for this 59 yr old had to stop..

I think the majority of us here are actually sick from lack of sleep because I'm still NOT ok from this but things vastly improved when i was ale to sleep past 2 hours.

Blue, how's sleeping going with your CBN and THC? I recently really cut back on the CBD I've been using and stepped up the THC to 50 mgs (I make my own edibles so it's easy to increase/decrease). I get a much better sleep now.  I think it's the indica THC (Hindu Kush). I feel relaxed, calm, and a tiny bit goofy when I take it at night. Also have a bit of the munchies. and sleep without waking up. I've been tinkering with mj for years . . . searching for the magic formula.  ::)

I'm interested in your CBN usage. How many mgs?

Thanks,

Katz

I wish we had the option where I live to take mj, and try different types, although I tried indica oil and it didn’t help me. Just made me really stoned and then I had to lay there for hours off my rocker not being able to sleep. Awful.

I also used trazadone to get off restoril.  At first  I only slept 4 hours and was a zombie.  Now I take sleepeze and melatonin 10 mg.  I sleep 6 to 8 hours sometimes waking up a few times a night.  I do the net until I go to sleep.  It is better at my brother's.  If I go home, I barely sleep at all.

Another zero night. I don’t how much longer I’m going to be able to take this. This has been going on for 6 months now. For those of you that were able to continue working like this my hat comes off for you. I think I am going to have to explore other options. My brain is getting super tired but it refuses to rest and sleep. My doc is suggesting 200mg of seriquel every night and I am seriously considering it just to get some relief. I’ve searched thru this forum and it seems it works for some and not for others. Some come if it easy some don’t. After this my only other option is to try and reinstate. I can’t work in this condition and I have kids to feed.

Xray,

I know each person is different and it's not a contest to see who can manage lack of sleep better, but at 6 months off, my sleep was still pretty bad and I had at least 5 - 8 zero nights per month.  So it's not uncommon to still have a zero night here and there and then think that you're not making any progress, but that's not true.  Healing from Benzos doesn't occur in a linear fashion like healing from a broken bone or a nasty cut.  It's up and down and all over the map.

Give the Seroquel a shot, but 200mg seems like a lot to start with.  I'd start lower and then you can always increase the dose.  Seroquel is an anti-psychotic and it worked OK for me most of the time but at somewhere between 50 and 100mg per night.  I took Seroquel on and off early on in my WD, but then decided to ditch all Rx drugs for sleep, but you do what is best for you.

I would never reinstate Benzos....that is a dead end road...even if they worked again, you'd have to keep increasing the dose to get the same effect and that is like taking rat poison IMO.

I normally would not promote Rx drugs for sleep, but I'd choose Seroquel over any Benzo 100% of the time.

Good luck.

Dom81 . . . 10 mgs of  melatonin is way too much. It's effective at 1-3 mgs. It's not a sleeping pill -- it's a hormone naturally produced by our bodies to prepare us for sleep. Helping it along is okay, 10 mgs is not. I read a paper recently that  warns If you keep taking it at that high a a dose you may well impair your body's ability to produce its own melatonin, and no one wants that! So maybe cut back on the melatonin Dom? I took it at 1 mg and it was effective at that dose.

Best

Katz