Author Topic: Insomnia not getting better  (Read 3215 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Insomnia not getting better
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2022, 09:46:25 pm »
Hello,
I have been lurking around this site for about 3 months now trying to get some hope that this will end.
I was on Xanax 1.5 mg/day for about 2 months. When I realized I had become dependent I quit c/t. I didn't realize at the time what this meant for me and by the time I found this site and learned what I had done to myself it was to late to reinstate for a taper. I only have 2 symptoms left insomnia and anxiety. The insomnia is brutal and I am only sleeping about 3 hours every other night if I'm lucky. The insomnia is brutal and I'm not sure how much longer I can survive like this. Hopefully somebody can give some encouragement because this doesn't seem to be letting up. All of my other symptoms have gone except these 2. I really believe if I can get some relief on the insomnia that the anxiety would go away as well.

I spent 3 or so months like this and worse before I was hospitalized and detoxed (This will NOT happen to you as you are off and healing). Consider a sedating antidepressant suck as a tricyclic or remeron, but REGULARLY. They might help with sleep and improve mood/reduce anxiety, and they are not stimulating and harsh such as ssri's and snri's.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2022, 09:48:41 pm »
[...],

I think I know what you mean about "hollow" sleep. I have had sleep that was so shallow that it was like daydreaming while I am still awake. Not really restful at all. I was and am just like you; wanting that deep, restful sleep that leaves you feeling refreshed. As I said last night, I am still back and forth. Last night was 2 to 3 hours of light sleep again. I never know what I am going to get. Hang in there, [...]! Even if you can lie down and rest, it's better than nothing.

I call it "airplane seat sleep".
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2022, 10:30:27 pm »
Hello,
I have been lurking around this site for about 3 months now trying to get some hope that this will end.
I was on Xanax 1.5 mg/day for about 2 months. When I realized I had become dependent I quit c/t. I didn't realize at the time what this meant for me and by the time I found this site and learned what I had done to myself it was to late to reinstate for a taper. I only have 2 symptoms left insomnia and anxiety. The insomnia is brutal and I am only sleeping about 3 hours every other night if I'm lucky. The insomnia is brutal and I'm not sure how much longer I can survive like this. Hopefully somebody can give some encouragement because this doesn't seem to be letting up. All of my other symptoms have gone except these 2. I really believe if I can get some relief on the insomnia that the anxiety would go away as well.

I spent 3 or so months like this and worse before I was hospitalized and detoxed (This will NOT happen to you as you are off and healing). Consider a sedating antidepressant suck as a tricyclic or remeron, but REGULARLY. They might help with sleep and improve mood/reduce anxiety, and they are not stimulating and harsh such as ssri's and snri's.

Thanks [...],
I do have remeron prescribed and I use it when itís absolutely necessary. I try to limit the amount of drugs and supplements I take because I want my sleep to come back naturally. But if this continues for much longer I may have to rethink my strategy.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2022, 10:37:45 pm »
[...],

I think I know what you mean about "hollow" sleep. I have had sleep that was so shallow that it was like daydreaming while I am still awake. Not really restful at all. I was and am just like you; wanting that deep, restful sleep that leaves you feeling refreshed. As I said last night, I am still back and forth. Last night was 2 to 3 hours of light sleep again. I never know what I am going to get. Hang in there, [...]! Even if you can lie down and rest, it's better than nothing.

Thatís a great way to describe it. Your sleeping but not really that deep. Thatís why I call hollow sleep because it just seems empty or fake. On a brighter note, I did get some 3 hours of sleep last night and it was nothing but dreamsÖ maybe some healing going on? Fingers crossed 🤞

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2022, 01:39:33 am »
[...],

Thatís a great way to describe it. Your sleeping but not really that deep. Thatís why I call hollow sleep because it just seems empty or fake. On a brighter note, I did get some 3 hours of sleep last night and it was nothing but dreamsÖ maybe some healing going on? Fingers crossed 🤞

[...]

Nice!! Probably the beginning of a trend. The timeline seems right for it!!! That bad insomnia sucks although it is good for weight loss if you need it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2022, 02:37:52 am »
[...],

[...]

Nice!! Probably the beginning of a trend. The timeline seems right for it!!! That bad insomnia sucks although it is good for weight loss if you need it.
Lol, I definitely do not need to lose weight. Until just recently I ran 6 miles every morning. Iím so exhausted lately that I can barely go on a one mile walk. I do miss my morning runs. 😢

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2022, 01:09:57 pm »
On a brighter note, I did get some 3 hours of sleep last night and it was nothing but dreamsÖ maybe some healing going on? Fingers crossed 🤞

When I was finally able to get some sleep after quitting Ambien I had terrible slasher type nightmares but saw them as my brain struggling to right itself, I think you're right, dreams are a good sign.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2022, 05:26:29 am »
I have never slept on an airplane. I can't. I have tried. Too uncomfortable. I have to be lying down. I am 53 and I have been that way my whole life. I went on a 4-day bus ride once and couldn't sleep sitting up, so I just didn't sleep. sucks!

Anyway, I also dream in my light dream states. Sometimes that is how I know I slept. I will think I have been awake all night but then realize I must have slept for a few minutes because I remember dreaming.

Sleep! Fascinating science.

I am off to bed. Last 2 nights weren't great. Wish me luck!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2022, 05:37:59 am »
I am just like you [...]. I have to be in a bed lying down (preferably dark quiet room) in order to sleep. I don't see how some ppl are able to sleep on trains, planes, and busses. These ppl are fortunate actually bc they have very little to no trouble sleeping. I am jealous. LOL

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2022, 07:18:26 am »
Hello,

I didnt have any improvement until 3,5 months out, many 0 to 3 hr nights until then, from 3,5 months out no more 0 hr so far and getting between 5 to 6,5 hrs mostly, very few 3,5 to 4 hrs. I am actually surprised I am writing this because in my mind its still bad because its still not back to normal, but its better than it was!

it will get better just dont touch any "medication".