Author Topic: Anyone tried L-theanine to help with anxiety  (Read 416 times)

[Buddie]

Anyone tried L-theanine to help with anxiety
« on: March 24, 2022, 01:21:54 am »
My doctor recommended L-theanine supplement to help with anxiety. Has anyone else tried this?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Anyone tried L-theanine to help with anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 01:33:30 am »
I've tried it to help with both insomnia and anxiety. It does help. Here's an article for you that explains  how it helps anxiety and the suggested dosage:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/integrative-mental-health-care/201703/l-theanine-reduces-symptoms-anxiety

Interesting, no? Kudos to your doc.

Maybe others will chime in.

Best,

[...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 05:37:36 am »
So good to know. Great article! I look forward to trying itÖthanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 07:01:25 pm »
I tried it a while back. Unfortunately, it did not help me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 08:17:44 pm »
Oh, that stinks! Iím sorry to hear that it didnít help you. No idea if itíll actually help me, but Iím willing to give it a try. Hoping for the bestÖ

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 12:27:19 am »
Yeah, it can't hurt to at least try. I hope it helps you. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 01:10:05 am »
Awe, thank you!