I can't believe it's been 6+ years!

[Ka...]

Today I received a message from a member here and I realized that I never came back to thank BenzoBuddies for helping me get through my personal nightmare!  There isn't anybody on this earth that understood what I was going through like all of you here.  For anyone just starting this horrible journey, I'm here to tell you that you will get better.  I had all the symptoms, I thought I was losing my mind and I thought it would never end.  I do have some unfinished business as I would like to sit face to face with the doctor that had me on Xanax for 6 years and told me that I "could just stop taking them" when I told her I wanted off.  I was already having tolerance withdrawals (though I didn't understand it then)!  I moved to another state to a small town where I couldn't find a doctor that would prescribe them and when I called my previous doctor, when I started having withdrawals (day 2 CT), I was told I had to make an appointment.  They didn't care that I was a thousand miles away and scared to death!  I was so thankful to find this thread, just knowing I wasn't alone was a life saver.  I am well now, it took me a long time to learn to control my anxiety without drugs though.  About a year ago I was having dental surgery and I was terrified, the dentist wanted to give me one valium to take before surgery so I could relax and I quickly told him that I had been addicted to Xanax.  Well, this dentist said "they are not dangerous when used correctly, you should NEVER take them daily." Too bad my other doctor wasn't as educated as this guy!  I truly wish everyone just starting their own journey the absolute best and I'm happy to help you if I can, so feel free to send me a message.

Thank you BenzoBuddies, you saved my sanity and probably my life! 

Truly,

Kaito

Hello Kaito!

Wow, thanks for coming back after such a long time away to post this message of hope.  I'm happy things have resolved for you so that benzo withdrawal is not on your radar anymore.  Your post will help those still in the thick of things.

Enjoy your life!

pianogirl  :smitten:

Good for you for coming back, people disappear and we never know if they're living happily ever after and it looks like you are, thank you.  :smitten: