Tapering the last amount of Klonopin.

[Je...]

Hello everyone, when cutting a dry taper do we keep fixed amount or as the amount goes down so does the amount we cut because 5 to 10 percent is a smaller dose. Or do we just cut by how we feel each cut.

example .15mg = .060 grams cur 7 percent every 5 days

.060 - .004 = .056 grams then cut 7 percent of that

.060 - .004 = .052

.052- .004=.048

.048 -.003= .042 and so on till i jump. each cut is the amount of 7 percent for that newly weighted pill. am i correct on this?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Je...]

• [Ka...]

• [Pa...]

• [he...]

Top Posters In This Topic

katie thanks for the response.

Katie, on your taper of .01 mg everyday for 50 days. Is this considered fast?

I don't think there is a general way to answer this question.  This rate would be considered fast for a lot of people.  I was open to holding along the way but I found I didn't have to.  Any taper plan should suit the individual and be flexible when necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

I am down to .030 = .080 mgs of klonopin.

my sleep is rough but i am ok thru the day. i lay in bed for hours. what does everyone do if they can’t sleep?

You've made some great progress but it looks like your sleep has suffered.  The best thing you can do for sleeping issues is to accept you're not going to sleep because fretting over it makes it that much harder to find. 

This member has put together a great list of tips if you'd like to check it out. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

Thanks katie. i need all the help i can get

what was the dose you jumped at? should i use a liquid taper or jump dry cut al the way

Thanks katie. i need all the help i can get

what was the dose you jumped at? should i use a liquid taper or jump dry cut al the way

Are you currently using a scale and weighing your doses?  If this is working for you, I don't think I would change it.  I jumped at 0.01mg.

good morning. Yes i have used a scar this whole taper. Only thing is when it gets super small it loses accuracy. I guess it should be ok tho.

Other members say they have the same problem with the scale when the doses get small.  I did a water taper at the end and that isn't precise either because clonazepam doesn't dissolve in water.  I was okay with 'close enough' but I know not all people would be.  Everyone has to do this in a way that for them.

Thank you for the replies.

I am at .028 = .07 mgs

i have 6 more cuts then i can jump at .01 (or as close as possible)

how I will say it’s gotten more intense this last part. I am really anxious and my sleeping has been really rough. laying in bed hrs before i fall asleep. I hope this anxiety calms down.

i’m gonna start meditation tomorrow

i hope this gets better.

I recall that toward the end of my taper, the anxiety intensified and the insomnia worsened.  For me, some of that was physical and some was psychological.  It does get better but many of us have to pass through this phase before moving on.  I'm sorry Jeremyrocks and I know it is hard.  Keep posting because staying connected is important in this process - going it alone is too difficult.

well that’s good to know. as long as that isn’t the normal amount of anxiety i would have. i can handle if it isn’t permanent.

current dose is .07 mgs