Author Topic: Tapering the last amount of Klonopin.  (Read 2291 times)

[Buddie]

Tapering the last amount of Klonopin.
« on: March 22, 2022, 05:04:20 pm »
Hello everyone, when cutting a dry taper do we keep fixed amount or as the amount goes down so does the amount we cut because 5 to 10 percent is a smaller dose. Or do we just cut by how we feel each cut.
example .15mg = .060 grams cur 7 percent every 5 days

.060 - .004 = .056 grams then cut 7 percent of that
.060 - .004 = .052
.052- .004=.048
.048 -.003= .042 and so on till i jump. each cut is the amount of 7 percent for that newly weighted pill. am i correct on this?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Tapering the last amount of Klonopin.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 05:32:09 pm »
5 to 10 per cent of each present dose
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 08:01:37 pm »
Thanks man.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 08:28:03 pm »
Hey guys did anyone have anger issues coming off in the taper?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 12:14:13 am »
I didn't have anger during withdrawl but I've read enough posts her to know that this isn't uncommon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 04:12:44 pm »
katie thanks for the response.

Katie, on your taper of .01 mg everyday for 50 days. Is this considered fast?

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 11:37:59 pm »
katie thanks for the response.

Katie, on your taper of .01 mg everyday for 50 days. Is this considered fast?

I don't think there is a general way to answer this question.  This rate would be considered fast for a lot of people.  I was open to holding along the way but I found I didn't have to.  Any taper plan should suit the individual and be flexible when necessary.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 06:23:56 pm »
Thanks for the reply. that makes allot of sense.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 07:56:12 pm »
I am down to .030 = .080 mgs of klonopin.
my sleep is rough but i am ok thru the day. i lay in bed for hours. what does everyone do if they canít sleep?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 09:01:49 pm »
You've made some great progress but it looks like your sleep has suffered.  The best thing you can do for sleeping issues is to accept you're not going to sleep because fretting over it makes it that much harder to find. 

This member has put together a great list of tips if you'd like to check it out. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0