Happy Six Years Off Xanax Anniversary to Me!

[An...]

Greetings dear Buddies,

Happy six years off xanax / benzos anniversary to me!  Below is a quote from me in 2019.  And my condition  is even better now, feel HAPPY and can laugh and smile from the inside out, sleep mostly well, love to bake sugary delights, gained 20 lbs and don't care, drink caffeine, was never a big drinker but when I have a glass of wine or etc no negative gaba effect, have had no relapses, thinking is right now, memories returned over time, still sort of pop up. It is / was a brain / cns injury that needs time.  I was a procrastinator and still am one, that is not benzo damage lol.  In the midst of enduring the hell I also endured being alone and my dog died and bouts with ecoli and staph and more and got through despite the added stress.  And no illusions, it was unbearable hell on earth for many months, slow as tar, but it is done, over.  Thank you all for your stories that sustained and led me; I couldn't feel hope but I could trust those who walked it before me - and did trust and everyone was telling the truth that we become well again - and we stay well.  Thank you that there is a BenzoBuddies and to all who work to make it available. 

Quote from: AnHerbGardener on December 24, 2019, 06:24:19 pm

Merry Christmas Buddies - Yes You Will Feel Merry

Dearest  Buddies,

It was enduring hell, Dante's Inferno had come upon me.  At that time I couldn't feel hope, only despair, but I did put trust in those who had gone before me. I confirm  You WILL feel happy and merry and joy and peace and love and like doing things; you WILL heal and even feel better than when you were on the benzos!  I had forgotten how good it feels to feel good.  Stay with it, even if today you are just surviving and your brain is filled with lies.  There is no way through but through.  You are walking a slowly dawning miracle.

With Love and a Prayer for You,

Bev

This comes with a prayer for you to choose to endure to keep walking another day loved Buddies!   

Bev

I love when people take the time and come back to report that they beat the beast and are thriving. Thank you so much. You sound very happy and well