Author Topic: Tapering - where to start  (Read 407 times)

[Buddie]

Tapering - where to start
« on: March 18, 2022, 11:03:27 am »
I started taking Valium for insomnia. I have quite unusual circumstances and when you look at the numbers it seems a physical dependency could be unlikely, I think maybe stress/long covid interacted. Valium dose for 19 days, (s) is where i started to split the dose,

30,20,30,30,20,30,0,10,0,10,10,12.5,12.5,12.5(s),12.5,17.5,17.5,17.5>(7.5+10)

I dont think i have ever felt as bad around the 0 doses, when i realized what it was and got up to 12.5 I was able to sleep fairly normally & function but restless, anxious, no short term memory, blood pressure felt high. One night I could not sleep and went to 17.5

I have read the Ashton manual and would like to stick to that course.

I am now getting some symptoms before i have my first dose; restless, anxious but its manageable at the moment. I am worried about having insomnia back but am working on coping mechanisms. I dont want to increase my dose further if this is normal physical withdrawal levels?

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Tapering - where to start
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 12:56:52 pm »
Hi [...], I'm sorry your post slipped through the cracks, do you still need our help?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 08:09:34 pm »
Hey [...],

I'm doing okay. Got down to 6.25 fairly quickly but hit a bit of a hump, having a read of some threads

thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 08:50:26 pm »
Glad to hear you're doing okay.

I've also wondered if I'm not dealing with both benzo withdrawal and "Long COVID" symptoms. It seems like I was having more windows before getting COVID again in January.