MTHFR

[op...]

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone on here has been tested for this gene mutation, and if so, what lab/organization you used to do the testing. On the 23 and me website, it says specifically that they don't test for it ...

would appreciate any thoughts!

Your welcome

I read thru all the info it didn’t seem to me to yield much but if your find anything useful pls let me know

Joeb

• 1 month later...

if you have 23 and me results and put them in genetic genie it tells you, but then what?

Mutations or depletions or "just" non activated enzyme families can be a reason why your body cannot tolerate certain meds or why you cannot stop them easily or why you dont get any effect. If you know that or your doctor, then you hopefully won't get any medication that will not work or harm you in the future. Besides this, you can learn how to support the body with a genetic mutation, and which food to avoid or to eat even more. You would also get an explanation why some of the organs might not work properly, like kidneys or liver, and then get an insight why. For example if your gluthation-s-transferase does not work normally due to a genetic mutation, you know for sure that the kidneys cannot get rid of the toxins which you mostly inhale. You would then not use any kind of glue or nail polish in order to prevent to overload the kidneys with poison, since only a small amount will cause you a damage or just symptoms. You would eat more Cale to mobilize the family of enzymes if you "just" have a normal enzyme family that is not working properly. You would monitor the kidney function and avoid medication which impacts the kidney function. And so on. For me the genetic tests have been key for my recovery.