Runs of afib

[Fo...]

I was diagnosed with afib during wd. Never had it before. I’ve been hospitalized twice to convert. Mine has been much better lately after having daily electrolytes and doing cardio excercise. It is often caused by electrolyte imbalance. If mine lasts over 30 mins I have a tablet I take to stop it

That's a very great point you make. Electrolytes are vitally important to maintaining normal heart function along with the Vitamin B group of supplements. I've found Niacin (Vitamin B3) in particular to be very helpful. Likely due to it's vasodilation effects, helping to support the heart in carrying blood flow around the body, making it work less hard.

Exercise is a struggle for many on here at the moment, especially if they're currently suffering from chronically high heart rate due to rebound stimulation from the Benzo withdrawal. But perhaps starting out by just taking electrolytes first until things settle down, then starting out with some light cardio exercises could potentially speed up the withdrawal process.

Thanks for posting this. I hope more people take notice of it because it's a very useful one.  :thumbsup:

Yes fraz I know a lot of people aren’t at the stage of cardio, but here’s a thought. Ur heart follows a track electrically. Imagine it’s a figure eight. Every now and then, the heart for whatever reason might skip the figure eight and just do the loop. If the problem is electric, which in the case of afib it is, we might “miss the track” hundreds of times a day. Over time, because the new loop is worn in, this becomes the new electric track our heart rate takes, which is definitely not good. By excercising, getting ur heart rate up even with a walk, ur heart will pump hard and strong. I never feel afib when I’m excercising, even just a walk. So by doing this I’m forcing my heart to take the correct path, wearing the original track back in.

Also, I agree with vitamin b advice, but they can be extremely activating in wd. I could never tolerate them, and I’m still too scared to try x

But everyone is different 👍🏼