Terrified and planning ahead in case… steroid fear

[ho...]

So I am in a severe setback at 3.5 years from stress and then undiagnosed hypertonic pelvic floor displacement when being told I had a yeast infection and risked Terconazole and then 3 days of hydrocortisone and the hydrocortisone sent me into hell. I have new symptoms and one is this massive head pressure that’s new on my left side of my head at the left temple area that spreads. I am terrified that I have temporal arteritis like mt grandmother once did, but I am only 39. I did have an mri last week and it didn’t show anything but a few white spots we already knew I had. Now planning ahead, god forbid it is not normal withdrawal, and I have temporal arteritis, you need steroids! How the heck would I stabilize my cns to handle a steroid?! Any advice ?!

Fingers crossed this isn't temporal arteritis - TA is pretty rare.  The gold standard for diagnosing TA is biopsy combined concurrently with inflammatory markers identified through bloodwork.

Is temporal arteritis diagnosed with an MRI?

It can be, but I didn’t do contrast either and my report was normal for the most part.

Fingers crossed this isn't temporal arteritis - TA is pretty rare.  The gold standard for diagnosing TA is biopsy combined concurrently with inflammatory markers identified through bloodwork.

My primary care sent me for the blood test today to put me at ease getting 99.9 perfect it’s a new withdrawal symptom in this setback.

My primary care sent me for the blood test today to put me at ease getting 99.9 perfect it’s a new withdrawal symptom in this setback.

What a relief!

What a relief!

It came back and for inflammation range of 1-20 I was a 2 so it’s all good!! New weird head pressure in this setback. Now I need to stop worrying and pray I’ll get out of this and heal one day.

What a relief!

It came back and for inflammation range of 1-20 I was a 2 so it’s all good!! New weird head pressure in this setback. Now I need to stop worrying and pray I’ll get out of this and heal one day.

There is a saying I like - "When I got busy, I got better".  Distraction and helping others really helped me and still does.